• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I have a guy who screwed me over on Gunbroker. He was a liar. I know for a fact that he is engaging in firearms sales without a license. Is it worth making a stink over or should I just let it go.

Story:

I sold him a refinished pistol. He had an "issue" with the mag release and one of the magazines. We spoke on the phone and I told hime I would send the replacement parts and he is to send me the bad ones back. He agreed. After about 2 weeks I got the mag release but not the magazine. He thought he got to keep the magazine so he sold it.

4/26/09 - Item sold

5/13/09 My email to him. "I see that you have the **** up for sale. I would appreciate it if you used your own photos and description. I
    would also like to have the extra parts back as well. If the
    trigger guard I sent worked, you can keep it. But I would
    like to have the bad trigger guard and the extra magazine
    back. Thanks."

Response : "Sure thing on all counts."

5/19 09 : My email. "Just curious if my parts were on the way back."

Response: " am shipping on Thursday...I have a whole bunch to send out. My roof needed to be fixed and I had to liquidate." (he lives in an apartment)

5/28/09 : My email. "Did my parts go out last Thursday or are you going to hang me out to dry. Just curious because you have done nothing that you said you were going to do. I will give you a negative feed back. "

Response: "It should arrive tomorrow...if not let me know."

5/29/09: My email. "Package arrived today. Short the extra magazine. I got the trigger guard but not the magazine. "

Response: " did not think I had to return the mag. I will pay for it. How much?"

5/30/09: My email. "I need the mag back. I can't sell the gun with just one mag when they come with 2."

Response: "I will have to buy one from another source and ship it to you. I will look online for one."

"what happened to the one I sent?"

"I though it was mine so I sold it."

6/10/09: My email. "checking on the stauts of the magazine."

6/12/09: "It has been ordered and mailed." :bs:

7/10/09: My email: "I guess the magazine got lost in the mail, or it was never ordered and sent. I don't like being lied to. I will leave appropriate feedback for our transaction."

Response: NONE

I have yet to give feedback.

redbarontoys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    If it was me, I would post the negative feedback and forget it. You need to hurry, you only have 90 days to post feedback and if I count right that would be today.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I know for a fact that he is engaging in firearms sales without a license. Is it worth making a stink over or should I just let it go.

This isn't good for anyone in the firearm community, as long as you don't hang yourself by admitting illegal firearm transactions with a non license dealer, I would turn him in.

SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    Maybe he is in business without a license but I have bought stuff in the past that I eather didn't like or something came up and I resold right away but would not be considered in business.
    But I agree he owes u a mag!

Top Bottom