• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOperator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    W-Lafayette
    So I have this topic up, and I guess a lot of people have overlooked it due to a poor title

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/gunsmithing/333425-some-questions-about-jb-bore-polish.html

I have been doing research on methods to polish a chamber and it seems everybody knows for CERTAIN the right way to do it is completely different than what the other guy thinks, so ill ask more specifically here in hopes for a straight answer.

Should I use a fine grit of sandpaper, steel wool, or a polishing agent (flitz is one I hear people mention a lot in my research)

I don't want to over polish the chamber, or make it rougher then it is, or screw up the headspace by grind away too much metal.

Could somebody here give me a clear, straight answer as to the simplest thing to do to polish the chamber without causing a problem? I would really appreciate it.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I use a felt bob and Semichrome polish with my varuiable speed Dremel tool. Doesn't remove metal or make more marks like sandpaper or steel wool will.

TheOperator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    W-Lafayette
    Well I just got my bore polish and tried it out.

Was more difficult to clean out than advertised, but ive never used any other polish so I don't know how much worse it could've been.

The casing marks are now at 30% of what they used to be which I guess I'll have to live with. I mean, its nearly 100 years old so I suppose it cant run perfectly.

Either way unless somebody has something really important to tell me I guess we can just let this thread die as I no longer need assistance.

p.s. headspace is still ok.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom