• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    [h=1][/h]
    Hi I was just wondering if $99 for a Mosin Nagant grade B rifle is a good deal in this day and age? That seems like a pretty fair price to me. Just wanted to hear what the experts think.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Cheapest anymore you can find them is about $90 on sale. Personally, I wouldn't pay more then $150 for one, and it had better be a cherry at that price.

I got mine from Dunhams a couple years ago. If you watch their flyer they have them on sale every couple of weeks. You'll also be able to pick which one you want.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I'd say yes, just picked one up a couple of weeks ago for a hundro in very good condition.

I witnessed first hand some of those $150 Mosin's at the gun show.

HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    I just bought a b grade one from classic last week. I received a hex receiver and a laminate stock. I believe it was a mistake and they should have sent me a more beat up one. Well worth the price and very fun to shoot.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Let me put it in perspective,

You're getting a well built, reliable bolt action rifle with wood stocks that shoots relatively inexpensive and plentiful ammo. And you're asking if a retail price under $100 is a good deal?

The answer is, "YES!"

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I picked up one of the B grade Classic Firearms Mosins on Black Friday for 89.99. I would consider it a good deal still, at 99.99.

Just a word of advice, do not expect a wonderful rifle. Some people have had a lot of luck, just based on the reviews on their site, but mine was in rough shape. It's a very good shooter, but I put in a lot of hours on the stock. It's now nearly show piece worthy but just expect to likely put in a little work if you care about looks. If you don't get a $100 beater gun that you can enjoy for years to come.

Top Bottom