• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ahh ...

So essentially it's headspacing on the rim. I know nothing about revolvers, but in self-loaders, some cartridges were crappy performers in the accuracy department when the gun headspaced on the rim, but got a lot better when it headspaced on the case mouth (e.g. .38 Super).

I think perhaps the jump to the rifling. A guy on another forum tested 19 commercial loads and accuracy varied quite a bit for him. He's yet to publish which did best, though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And I thought you were a good guy.....Wait until snapdragon hears about this...You are doomed....DOOMED I SAY!!!!!!!:)

Oy!

I think perhaps the jump to the rifling. A guy on another forum tested 19 commercial loads and accuracy varied quite a bit for him. He's yet to publish which did best, though.

So it's probably just something you have to accept for a dual caliber gun?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was really hopefull when Ruger announced this new Redhawk but for now I think I will just be happy I have my 625, even if Rhino calls me Amish when I have it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by rhino
    I know nothing about revolvers.

You hurt me. You really hurt me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Been curious about this, my Starline brass in 45Auto Rim is about. .090, while the 45lc is about .058. I'll probably take both pieces of brass with me when I go look at one of these guns.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was really hopefull when Ruger announced this new Redhawk but for now I think I will just be happy I have my 625, even if Rhino calls me Amish when I have it.

It's okay . . . you can call me Mennonite when you see me with a 1911 in the correct caliber.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I shot 230gr Hydra-shoks today that I've had for probably 12 years or so. 100% ignition, accuracy was good. I'm still heeling the gun a bit and shooting high as I speed up. The round butt skinny grip looks good, but it's not real functional. I'm significantly more accurate AND faster with my Match Champion. I'm kicking around putting the Redhawk up for sale to help fund one of the new Sig Legions, but am going to ponder for a bit before making any decision.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I never could understand the whole Kate Moss thing either.....Different strokes I guess...:)

Right?

Here's my conundrum. If I keep it, I know I'm going to end up sending it off to Bowen and having it customized. Lanyard grip because reasons, trigger job, resprung, etc.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    hey behindblueI's,

My new Ruger sp101 went thru the same adventure with light double action strikes (14 lb pull). After much much work:
    It is now reliable (I think?), but my memory and feelings can not be soothed. I try to bond with that gun, but the memories of that gun going click, when it should have gone boom, do not go away. I have lost confidence in it for good reason, and I believe it's only a matter of time for it to fail again.

Sound familiar? You may be better off going to a new platform rather than wait for your feelings to change. It happens to all of us sometime.

Top Bottom