• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Got my XDs last week. FFL processed through BZ Guns out of Plainfield for $15... My go to.

This is is the FDE frame, black slide version. Came in a standard case with a 5 rd flush fitting mag and a 6 round "mid" extended mag which is .25" longer than the flush fit. Also came with the other standard goodies, including red and green FO replacement rods. I will for now switch to the green since it should be a little brighter in low light. Eventually this will have Trijicon HDs like my other guns.

The fit and finish are top notch. The gun is narrow, and although it has limited capacity I do not feel underarmed. At the range, I was surprised by the low recoil. It is similar to my brothers XDs in 9 mm. I was able to keep double taps on a pie plate at 10 yards, as fast as I could do them. During slow aimed fire, I got groups of about 1.5" at 7 yards. Not that great, but acceptable. The grip is a little small for my larger than average paws, and I think that leads to variances in grip between strings of fire. I could tell when I was going to pull a shot, and most of it was secondary to the 8 pound trigger. Yes, this is something I am not used to. While crisp and with a short reset, I do plan on getting the PRP kit.

I put 100 rounds of federal ball ammo down the pipe, and 20 Red Star +p defensive load. No hiccups whatsoever. I could not discern much difference between those two loads. The gun was very hot since I do a lot of double taps, so I feel I have her a decent first workout. My hand was not sore and I do not feel a need for Talon Grips at this point.

Upgrades wise, I just need an IWB holster, Trijicon HD sights, a Viridian C5L, and that PRP trigger kit. Once those are in play, I do believe this will end up as my carry gun during the summer months.

Pictures pending.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I just picked one up on Saturday after looking for many months. I liked a few other options too, but the XDS was consistently my favorite and the 3 free mag promo was another deciding factor in getting it now and not later. Paid $420 in the shop and I could have paid say $20 less by ordering online and doing transfer but I was fine with the cost.

Got a cheap paddle holster for now as they actually had one for a lefty like me and I am now working on which OWB holster to get. Think I have that figured out but still looking as there are so many good options there. IWB will be the cloak tuck 3 I think.

Top Bottom