• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very cool, I want one so bad! What did you put the rifle together with? Looks good in the video!

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Very cool, I want one so bad! What did you put the rifle together with? Looks good in the video!
    Thank you
    Specs are:
    Joe Bob Spartan Billet lower (SBR)
    Spartan Side charge upper
    9" McGowen stainless fluted barrel
    Seekins Adj gas block
    AP Customs carbon fiber guard (I don't like it) Going to go with something shorter and with ability to mount BUIS.
    Timney drop in trigger
    B5 SOPMOD Enhanced buttstock
    H2 buffer
    Saker 7.62 with Trifecta muzzle brake
    Burris Fastfire 3 with ARF Mount red dot sight

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I have a question about the gas block.
    Is tge adjustment simply "supressed" and "unsupressed"?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

Some are and some are not. Blocks like the Seekins have multiple settings. You turn the allen screw and it has a detent on it that locks in to each setting. It's for fine tuning to a specific load, for reliability.

Blocks like the Micro MOA one-I have a Micro MOA block on my 12.5" SBR-have 2 settings, suppressed and unsuppressed. They also have one more setting as an option, that opens the system up all the way, for when the gun gets really dirty.

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by EricG

Some are and some are not. Blocks like the Seekins have multiple settings. You turn the allen screw and it has a detent on it that locks in to each setting. It's for fine tuning to a specific load, for reliability.

Blocks like the Micro MOA one-I have a Micro MOA block on my 12.5" SBR-have 2 settings, suppressed and unsuppressed. They also have one more setting as an option, that opens the system up all the way, for when the gun gets really dirty.

Exactly.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Ahhh ok. Thanks.

Now with what I said, this is what Kevin Btittingham, who was at AAC at the time they developed the .300BLK cartridge, said about what the requirements were for .300BLK.

These were our original requirements for this caliber: Muzzle energy has to equal or exceed the AK-47. .30 Caliber projectile. Use unmodified 30 round magazines to full capacity. Use unmodified AR-15/M-16/M-4 bolt. Gas impingement system. Shoot super and subsonic. And one thing that was nice, but was not a ‘deal killer’, was non-adjustable gas system. Cycle all four ways – subsonic suppressed and unsuppressed, and supersonic suppressed and unsuppressed.....Kevin Btittingham

.300BLK was designed for a 9" barrel. It also works for a 8" barrel. To run subs, ideally you need a pistol length gas system. Any barrel length longer than that or a gas system that is not a pistol length, and it's possible you will need to tinker more with loads and gas settings, if running an adjustable GB.

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    What was the object that fell off/out of the rifle after the last round?

The Burris mount has a place that stores the screw driver and tork bit for adjusting the sight, it is a piece of rubber that is glued into the mount. It apparently did not want to stay in its place.
    I found it a few minutes later and threw it in my range bag. You can see it in the image below with the small slot and hole below the sight.
    300215-angle-ar-f3-alt.png

Top Bottom