• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    [quote\]I SERIOUSLY hope he died on impact. Burning alive is not the way to go...[/quote]

Amen to that. I still remember, all too well, poor old Eddie Sachs (and rookie Dave McDonald) burning alive in Turn 4 in 1964. Vuky and Pat O'Connor were at least lucky (?) enough to have been killed instantly.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    It just plain sux. I've been a Weldon fan for years. This is the 800 pound gorilla that racing doesn't ever talk about. I never met the guy but my wife and I were both without words today as we watched it play out on TV.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    :( Rest In Peace
    I was watching the race and knew at the speed they racing and as tight as the packs they were running in that a big crash was going to happen. When they called all of the drivers into the operations center I knew it couldn't be good.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Bummer

BTW ... that was a classy tribute (end the race and a 5 lap salute) and Amazing Grace ... it certainly tugged at your heartstrings.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    197664_10150391847388327_812908326_10394966_379925_n.jpg

Had a chance to see dan up close and personal at the brickyard opening day practice this year. Prayers and blessings from me and the man above.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    IndyCar is my first love.

Dan was my guy.

I've met and talked with the guy numerous times. He always was gracious with his time to a complete stranger.

Dan likely died when his head struck a pole in the catch fence. Post crash pictures show he roll bar and air box stripped away. I'm sure he was gone (brain dead) by the time they got to his car.

RIP Dan. You will be missed. Condolences to his wife Susie and his two sons who will never remember their dad.

Top Bottom