• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    As discussed in another thread (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-lawyer-show-wibc-saturday-6.html#post5692809), I recently hosted a two-hour show on WIBC radio that we loosely called "Ask the Gun Lawyer." We actually delved into a lot more subjects than that, discussing pending pro-gun legislation in the Indiana General Assembly, firearm training requirements and many other Second Amendment issues. During the show, we started calling the discussion "All Things Firearms." It was a call-in show, so listeners participated (including our own Kirk Freeman). The time really flew by and we had a lot of fun.

I have proposed to WIBC that we make the show a regularly-scheduled event on WIBC, and I believe they are considering that proposal. If you'd like to have a regular pro-Second Amendment radio show for Indiana gun owners, or if you are a business owner who would consider advertising on such a show (retailers, gun smiths, trainers, etc.), please let WIBC know by sending them an email at wibcwebmaster@emmis.com!

Edit: If you'd like to listen to Saturday's show - here is the podcast: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmabio9m0t1lg2k/Guy Relford Show 2-28-15.mp3?dl=0

Thanks!

Guy

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I didn't hear the show but if it is available as a pod cast or if I could listen via the interweb on the next session I will listen in. I will go right now to let them know I am interested in a continued program.

Thanks to you and Kirk for helping to defend our rights and educate all who will listen.

EDIT: Email sent asking them to continue the program.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I just fired off a quick email:

Subject: Ask the gun lawyer

Man, did I learn a lot on that show. This needs to become a regular thing. The gun lawyer knew his stuff and many of the caller’s questions were ones I had myself.

He cleared up a lot of misconceptions about the laws and “all things firearms”. What an awesome show it was. Please consider this as a regular thing. I’m sure you could attract advertisers pretty easily given all of the gun stores, ranges and training companies all around.

Indiana ranks #2 in handgun licensees per capita of eligible population so this would really fill a need for the gun owners in Indiana as well as those who are curious or those that are ignorant of the laws and culture. And a major problem could be minimized: misrepresentations made by media outlets as well as by those in the media spotlight.

Regards,

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just a thought about the show title. Are you sure you want to go with "All Things Firearms"? It might work out, but I'd be concerned about it inviting lots of questions about "the proper caliber for <animal> hunting", "can you help me identify this old gun", looking for firearm/accessory reviews, etc. There are other shows that handle these questions well. My understanding is that your strengths are on firearms law and training. Do you feel that you could handle these other subjects well enough to justify the show title or have some assistance to get there? If not and you want to concentrate on those two areas, then you might want to consider a more specialized title.

Either way, I sent in an e-mail requesting the show and wish you well in making it a success.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Just a thought about the show title. Are you sure you want to go with "All Things Firearms"? It might work out, but I'd be concerned about it inviting lots of questions about "the proper caliber for <animal> hunting", "can you help me identify this old gun", looking for firearm/accessory reviews, etc. There are other shows that handle these questions well. My understanding is that your strengths are on firearms law and training. Do you feel that you could handle these other subjects well enough to justify the show title or have some assistance to get there? If not and you want to concentrate on those two areas, then you might want to consider a more specialized title.

Either way, I sent in an e-mail requesting the show and wish you well in making it a success.
    Valid point! I wasn't suggesting that as the title if it goes forward.

Guy

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll definitely be listening to the podcast later. The responsible gun community of Indiana does need a voice. This is really neat--I hope it works out!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I didn't think Kirk would sound like that. Then again, I used to think "Kirk" was an alias for Greg Garrison.

I have a vivid imagination. :)

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think a segment or regular guest appearance on someone else's show would be the ticket. If you go it on your own, new content might be hard to come by. You'll be hashing out the same questions over and over from callers who didn't listen the week before. Your class on Indiana gun law is where most of the questions could be answered.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade. I enjoyed the show, but I think it needed more structure. Both questions and answers were long winded. The interviews with the politicians felt like campaign ads. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I listen to Dr. Dirt on the weekends. There is so much repeat information, it get's tiresome. I think you could edge in the legal/training aspect of recent gun news, and take caller opinions/questions on those topics. Then dedicate some air time to local politicians who support us for interviews. At the end, just for filler, hit a hot topic that you find on any gun forum (can a cop stop you just for carrying, etc.) with the goal of educating the masses while not opening yourself to "this guy on the radio said it was ok" and take a few calls on that subject.

If you want airtime and advertisers, you need listeners. What can you do to get them and keep them, and what can you do to prevent losing them?

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I think a segment or regular guest appearance on someone else's show would be the ticket. If you go it on your own, new content might be hard to come by. You'll be hashing out the same questions over and over from callers who didn't listen the week before. Your class on Indiana gun law is where most of the questions could be answered.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade. I enjoyed the show, but I think it needed more structure. Both questions and answers were long winded. The interviews with the politicians felt like campaign ads. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I listen to Dr. Dirt on the weekends. There is so much repeat information, it get's tiresome. I think you could edge in the legal/training aspect of recent gun news, and take caller opinions/questions on those topics. Then dedicate some air time to local politicians who support us for interviews. At the end, just for filler, hit a hot topic that you find on any gun forum (can a cop stop you just for carrying, etc.) with the goal of educating the masses while not opening yourself to "this guy on the radio said it was ok" and take a few calls on that subject.

If you want airtime and advertisers, you need listeners. What can you do to get them and keep them, and what can you do to prevent losing them?

I think that it will be easy to find a lot of things to talk about. I mean Guntalk just passed 20 years. ;)

Top Bottom