• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I think that every time I hear someone gets hit, and says, "It wasn't my fault" followed by "the light wouldn't change", or "the car in front of me wouldn't move"
    DONT'T STOP ON THE TRACKS.
    I see it multiple times a day, blows my mind. I said something about it once to my wife, she said they don't use these tracks anymore. I asked her how the hell those train cars got over by the factory!?!? I haven't seen her do that again :facepalm:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We actually had to go out of our district to train with the bus on tracks, and we got to see some films. You'll stop messing with that crap. For my DOT test, we came up on a set of tracks, I started in with the track crossing ritual, and the tester said, "oh, you don't need to worry about that, they're not using those any more". I said "railroad tracks". He said "look over there, the gate is closed". This was a chain link fence, mind you. I said "yeah, that'll slow a train down by, um, not at all." I was kind of suspicious that just maybe he might have been presenting me with a bit of a trick question there.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Tried to flee and was shot. Waiting for more information.

My previous home was two long blocks from this and all I can say is you and I are both waiting for more information.

If the juvenile was fleeing because he was scared of the consequences; it would appear his fear was justified.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Dude, RR police have more power than most other police though there's just not that many of them. Their jurisdictional boundaries are almost non-existent since the RR goes everywhere. They're kind of like the DNR cops that everyone sleeps on. "You're just a ranger, you can't mess with me." Nunh uh... they can arrest you everywhere!

It's a thing. It's real. They're out there.

sxc3zr.jpg

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I worked with a guy and his brother was a Railroad Cop. His brother insisted he be called Detective, so we promptly refered to him as
    "RR Dick"

I would call him Dave.

I should be addressed as Dr. but you will never see that happen. Sounds like his brother thinks highly of himself.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I am not bothered by RR Police at all. What goes up and down the rail is crucial sometimes to keep secure and they have a huge trespassing issue that is a safety issue that most officers are not going to worry about because they have enough other things going on. It is a national security issue as well. I can understand the concern but once you learn more about the rail industry you can better understand the reasoning at least in my opinion.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Rr police just shot a perp (teenager I believe) down the road from me. Never heard of them before now.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Today's press conference in Elkhart by Vicki Becker stated the suspect is a 13 year old currently suffering from a shoulder wound. I did not hear mention of the vehicle being stolen nor of him being in possession of a firearm as had previously been alluded in local media. In all probability he was out for an unauthorized joy ride in his family's car and got scared when pursued.

At least one of the slugs from the RR officer's shots fired struck a neighboring home; probably the most unsettling aspect of this and the justified police shooting in Goshen last month is the ease with which local officers appear willing to open fire with little respect for collateral damage. I believe that collateral damage in Goshen ended up being an innocent victim within proximity of the shots fired. That is speculation at this point because very little of the factual details of that shooting have been made public at this time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I spotted 2 white Chargers with the standard police equipment and little CSX decals driving on a road that parallels the tracks near my house. Made me think of this thread.

Top Bottom