• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, you bought 4 cases of ramen noodles for your preps and, in the usual fashion you've been eating some and replacing them. But, boiling them and eating them is getting a bit tiring. Well, the good folks over at the Serious Eats blog have a treat for you. 30+ hacks to take your ramen adventures to new heights. I've used many of these hacks myself over the years and I never get tired of ramen. So, print them out and add them to your prep recipes. There's also a nifty little slide show for you of some of the hacks. Well worth the time if you've added noodles to your preps (or learned to actually make noodles!!).

Ramen Hacks: 30+ Easy Ways to Upgrade Your Instant Noodles | Serious Eats

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    my kids love hacked ramen noodles. i usually do the frozen veggies, then drain most of the water, stir in a little butter, and use about half the salt pack.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Mmmmm... Ramen.....

homer.jpg

Great ideas on there. I've used ramen as a side dish for years. Great with stir-fry (of course), and with stuff off of the grill.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    For my son I add some beef bullion while nuking it then add non-dairy creamer and the seasoning pack, for creamy noodles

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    In college I used to skip the seasoning packet and stir in some "sweet and sour sauce" and a splash of soy.

Now that I'm out of college and have a full time job, I can't afford the sweet & sour or soy, so I just use the seasoning packet that comes with it.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Here's a different variation (both using cream of mushroom soup).

In both cases, cook the noodles, drain off the water, and add (1) can of cream of mushroom soup. Season to suit taste buds with soy sauce.

1) add ground hamburger (or bison) seasoned w/ chilli powder

2) add crab meat chunks seasoned w/ chilli powder

Both are a serious meal and quick to fix.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    We had Ramen delivered from the KATUSA Snack Bar on base in Korea. They would add the flavor packet, a slice of American Cheese, Cayenne Pepper, chopsticks and then bicycle delivery for just a buck. Still enjoy it that way now, just have to cook it myself, but I prefer a fork to the chopsticks.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are so many different ways to cook it that it can become an art form. One of my favorites is to cook it in water for 1-2 minutes, then empty the water and toss into a pan and crack open two eggs and add some pre-cooked, and cut, sausage, little bit of milk and butter and scramble it all up...mmm breakfast!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You don't need to add the seasoning packet. Throw some cayenne and hot sauce in and its pretty good. No reason to use the high MSG crap.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    how timely, I just finished a package of Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen. I might have to get a few things to stash in the desk drawer to use instead of the seasoning packet.

Top Bottom