• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I am looking at maybe getting a new CC gun and I think I have narrowed the choices down to a CZ RAMI and a Sphinx SDP Subcompact. I have held both and they both feel good. I haven't shot either, but let's assume I shoot them both well. The RAMI is around $550 and the Sphinx is around $850. I would think most would agree that the RAMI is definitely a quality gun, so is there a real reason to spend the extra $300 and get the Sphinx?

Thanks for the input all.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I carry a RAMI, love it. I've shot a Sphinx, was not the subcompact, I liked it too... The Sphinx is just a little too rich for my blood, I have no complaints about my RAMI. Little lovin on the trigger and she's a little sweetheart.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    [video]https://youtu.be/UuA-92-koYs[/video]
    A bit out of my price range but Military Arms Channel likes it

Ive seen that video and it's a big reason I started to look at the Sphinx. I just don't really see any big differences in quality and reliability in the two. The Sphinx is about 60% more expensive and I can't find a reason to justify spending that much more. I was hoping somebody on here has both or has at least shot both and could compare them for me. Unfortunately I can't find any head to head comparisons online.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its my understanding that they spend a little more time refining the Sphinx at the factory. You may see tighter tolerances, better trigger and overall better fit and finish over a CZ. That's not saying there is anything wrong with the CZ, but there is room for improvement, if that's your thing.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Hard to justify the extra money for the Sphink, I have owned both and they are extremely nice, triggers are nice and smooth. But I have found that with so many aftermarket upgrades available for the CZs you tend to spend more then the original price you paid for the gun. Nice out of the box, but once you have shot one with upgrades you tend to get spoiled!psyko

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Honestly I'm kind of looking for reasons to consider the Sphinx. They seem to be just too similar to justify the Sphinx. The RAMI is the favorite in my eyes if for no other reason than it is my ticket into the CZickenss!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've never shot the Rami, but I have a Sphinx subcompact. I love it. It's one of my favorite handguns. Best trigger I've got, and I've got some custom triggers. Not the lightest, but the best in SA. No creep, crisp break. I compared it to a Les Baer my gun dealer let me try. The Sphinx trigger is better, no BS. Also, even though it's smaller and more concealable, it has almost the same sight radius as my P01. I'm a big guy and I wear cargo pants almost every day to work and I can cary it in my front pocket.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've never shot a RAMI, just dry fired and handled one. I really like it.

But the Sphinx blew me away. It is a CZ made to Rolex standards. And while it's expensive, it's not ridiculous-- it's about what a nicer 229 might go for.

I think the SDP is one of the most ergonomically perfect guns I've ever held. Actually, I would say it's THE best gun, ergonomically, I've ever held in the DA/SA realm. Followed closely by some other CZ models.

Top Bottom