Random box of knives - anything special?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Widow friend asked me to see about selling these. Anyone have any info as to what to do to clean them up or if it is even possible?
    Figured i would ask rather than randomly try and google them...
    Husband lived in Portland for a while and she thinks that's where some of them came from.
    knives1.jpg
    knives2.jpg
    knives3.jpg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    You have some quality old knives there. Looks like a Buck 119, and Schrade LB 8 Uncle Henry, A Gerber LM 1, an Old Timer pocket folder, and others that I can't put a name to. Can't advise you on cleaning them up. Just be careful doing it. Could ruin the value of some of them. I will keep an eye on the Classified ads for them.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    So quality blades in there! Just be careful with that 0350, it’s assisted and I hear putting them back together with the torsion bar can be a little tricky.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    if you just use some light oil (gun oil even) and add some gentle pressure a lot of those will clean up easily.

if it were me, I wouldn't go too crazy trying to make them perfect. They're used, and there's nothing wrong with that. Looks to be in pretty great shape and used well :thumbsup:

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    if it were me, I wouldn't go too crazy trying to make them perfect. They're used, and there's nothing wrong with that. Looks to be in pretty great shape and used well :thumbsup:

This is a great point. Wipe them down/oil them and post them up. If they’re not “frozen,” let the new owners worry about a full restoration if they so desire. Most of us knife guys enjoy maintaining our tools somewhat anyway.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks for the comments. I forgot this "Camillus" from the box.
    I'll try and post some up this weekend.

I forgot i have a bowl of knives from the wife's uncles basement when he passed also was sitting on my workbench...

knives5.jpg

knives6.jpg

knives4.jpg

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So, are these knives for sale? I haven’t seen them in the FS forum, it’s possible I missed them. Please let me/us know.
    Thanx.

Full disclosure: I sent the OP a PM, asking about possible sale of knives.

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Used, not beyond their lifespan though! All a little bit different, and would make a young outdoorsman a fine carry.
    We all have a few, but could share them and some bushcraft skills too to future hunters, and campers. Priced as a lot purchase, or given to family members who could help keep a memory alive.

Top Bottom