• ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Portabrace.

Kind of a lifetime purchase item. Pick your poison. Not cheap but wouldn't trade mine for any other. My kids might end up with this bag.

PortaBrace - Product Detail:CAR-3B

car-3ba.jpg

car-3b.jpg

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Last time I went to the range with my buddy, I asked him about his black rangebag.
    It seemed pretty handy and had compartments and space.
    He told me it was an old diaper bag!

Another good option are the myriad of toolbags out there.
    Harbor Freight has them as cheap as $6 (I get coupons in the email all the time from them).
    It seems that as soon as something gets marketed for some specialty purpose, the price immediately doubles.
    (camera bags, laptop bags, range bags..)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Unless convinced otherwise, I'll be springing for one of these soon:

IMG_1263.jpg

Shooters Connection Tournament Series Shooting Bag PRO-Hunter Green

Shooters Connection Tournament Series Shooting Bag PRO-Hunter Green

I'm sold on the inner lift out bag with included brass bag. The idea of using the small bag, with essentials, while leaving the heavy "what if's," cleaning gear, extra parts, etc. in the truck appeals to me.

I'm also happy with the fact it comes in different colors. I like tacticool black as much as anybody. However, when you're trying to find your bag in a sea of black one's...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm also happy with the fact it comes in different colors. I like tacticool black as much as anybody. However, when you're trying to find your bag in a sea of black one's...

Just a thought Burl, as that bag is $100 more than the Midway bag, and is essentially the same thing (materials may be slightly different, but dimensions and compartments look identical), but how about the Midway "black" bag with some kind of high-visibility identifier? Something like a bright-colored luggage tag, or sewn-on morale patch. Maybe even something as simple as a distinctive sweat rag tied to it. . . :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think you're on to something here. Maybe helium balloons?:):

With the extra $100 you could buy a BUNCH of helium balloons and then just float your range bag around and not have to carry it everywhere. :D

Last edited:

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Just a thought Burl, as that bag is $100 more than the Midway bag, and is essentially the same thing (materials may be slightly different, but dimensions and compartments look identical), but how about the Midway "black" bag with some kind of high-visibility identifier? Something like a bright-colored luggage tag, or sewn-on morale patch. Maybe even something as simple as a distinctive sweat rag tied to it. . . :dunno:

From what I've been told, the Shooters Connection bag is essentially the same exact design as the Midway bag, but built a lot beefier in construction. Whether or not that's worth the extra is up to you.

I use the Midway bag and do exactly what Burl describes, leaving the main bag in the car at matches and carrying the lighter inner bag with my mags, ammo, and brass bag. Besides saving my back, leaving the big bag in the car keeps the rest of my stuff dry at those "moist" matches.

Whichever you choose, the Shooters Connection Range Bag Raincoat will fit either. CED Shooters Connection XL Range Bag Raincoat

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    GM had a nice range bag 2 wks ago, but I opted for a drybox as my new range bag, has plent of room, a flat tray and outside storage in the top of the box for $21.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I use an old Eddie Bauer messenger bag that I got years ago for school. Never liked it for school, but it works well enough for short schleps from the car to the line. It's also bright, near fluorescent orange so it is easy to pick out in a crowd :)

It's lacking in compartments, though, and whenever I get around to buying a bag something like the midway or Jeremy's tool bag look pretty good.

joistman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Elkhart
    Found a nice range bag on clearance at Wally world for $15 bucks.........it was a Remington to boot.....just the right size for two-three pistols and some ammo.

Top Bottom