Range day, The good, the Bad, the ugly and the truly Awesome!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Went to the Range today spent several hours, zeroing, plinking enjoying time with friends and my kid. :ar15:

The Good, My Mid length build has matured into an amazing rifle, accurate and reliable with all the features that I like in an AR, Zeroed the Aimpoint and Irons today and they were pretty close to zero right off, even after having been removed and put back on a few times here and there. :)
    048.jpg

More good Sigs both ran like tops and were a blast today. Lilgungho Loved running the Mosquito with the Can and although he was dissapointed about the M&P 22 dads SIG 522 was almost as cool,

046-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

031.jpg

The Bad, unfortunately a couple of three things, for starters it was hot and rather sticky. That I could live with, :chillout:

Second We recently picked up an M&P for the Kids after just a handful of rounds the trigger pin walked out on one side and buggered up the whole works, Now its an easy enough fix but an aggravation in a new rifle that I believe I will let Smith remedy. :rolleyes:

The Ugly was an M1 Carbine that I had picked up from a guy at the Kokomo Gunshow, Total loss Gas piston along with its insert was blown out and gun simply wouldn't run, I am concerned that they guy may have known of this problem and this is why it was such a good deal for what it was. :xmad:

The Amazing was the Bushmaster ACR!! Wow what a rifle, overpriced probably but I got about 500 rounds through one today and put holes in the middle of everything I pointed it at. :rockwoot:
    Balance and weight was great, function flawless. Only a couple of things that aggravated me were the non adjustable stock which I will remedy and the Magpul sights. Not a big fan of them yet.
    At roughly 140 yds we were holding respectable groups in the high heat and glasses fogging humidity.
    Cool down table. :D
    037-2.jpg

Another high point was getting to put rounds through a friends MSAR, another weapon that I like rather well.

027.jpg

All in all a great day even the bad and ugly couldn't ruin. :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sorry for the troubles but it seems as if the good outweighed the bad. Nice looking assortment of weapons. What is the bolt action rifle?

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Sorry for the troubles but it seems as if the good outweighed the bad. Nice looking assortment of weapons. What is the bolt action rifle?

I agree the kid and I were the last two left kinda plinked around and chatted for a couple more hours, The rifle is my squirel sniper, Remington 504, with a lil luepy on it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sounds like a good time, Ron. A couple questions:

I assume in the first pic, that you moved the AFG rearward in order to accommodate the bipod?

Also, any thoughts on ACR vs. SCAR?

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Thanks guys.
    Shooter, Yeah we moved the AFG to the rear a bit so I could attach the bipod. I haven't moved it back yet though and put another 150-200 rounds through it, Kinda like it at the back, still undecided on that. :dunno:

As far as the SCAR vs The ACR, i cannot speak to that just yet. I have not had a Scar or fired one. I would love to get the two side by side at the range and run the two together.

I am thinking hard about taking the ACR out again here this week, shoot some groups, and run some drills do a bit of a more detailed look at it.

Maybe I will see if I can find someone to trade me an ACR enhanced and Scar light for My HK 94 Package then we can do a little head to head range session, :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Maybe I will see if I can find someone to trade me an ACR enhanced and Scar light for My HK 94 Package then we can do a little head to head range session, :D

LOL! Alternatively, I have shot the SCAR, so you could let me shoot your ACR and I could do a comparative writeup, and wouldn't even charge you for the privilege! ;)

Top Bottom