• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I 'm looking at getting a range/gear bag for all my stuff I take to the range and need some input from my fellow INGO member's. IF you have a range bag suggestion please speak up and let me know of your good's:yesway: and bad's:noway:. I need some help making up my mind. Thanks.:twocents:

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet....

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Either MidwayUSA range bag would be a good way to go. I use the smaller bag and have had multiple handguns, ear/eye pro, ammo, and various other accessories in there with room to spare. If you watch Midway's website, they go on sale all the time. Some folks on here use tool bags which seems like it would work too if you want to pick something up locally.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=range+bag

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I use the smaller range bag from Midway, also. Under normal circumstances it works great for me at indoor ranges with multiple handguns and calibers. It is far too small for an Appleseed type event, and not waterproof for outdoor, down in the mud, type events.

For an indoor range firing handguns only, it is excellent. For long gun outdoor events, I would look a larger waterproof unit—something like a midsize fishing tackle box or tool box.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    I picked up a nice little bag at MC Sports in Muncie for about $25. It has enough room for 2 handguns, cleaning kit, ammo, ears, eyes, stapler, and all the required things to go to the range.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Similar to an above post, I actually use a tool bag I picked up at Lowe's. Works perfectly and it wasn't that much at all.

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    I use a plastic tote container. It was cheap (around $8), is easy to carry with built in handles, is water proof, and holds all my stuff nicely.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I 'm looking at getting a range/gear bag for all my stuff I take to the range and need some input from my fellow INGO member's. IF you have a range bag suggestion please speak up and let me know of your good's:yesway: and bad's:noway:. I need some help making up my

What stuff do you usually take with you to the range? Are you usually shooting long guns, handguns, or both? How much ammo do you usually take with you? Those are the questions I asked myself to get the right range bag for me.

I have one of the SigSauer rifle bags with straps to carry it on your back. It is by far the best range bag I've used for long guns, 100-200 rounds of ammo, eye and ear protection, a few tools, a first aid kit, water, and a snack. It great if I'm bringing long guns with me but not good for just handguns.

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    +1 for the midway bag. I got the larger one and love it. I carry 3 pistols, 400 rounds of ammo, eyes, ears, 6 magazines, speed loader, pen and paper for notes and still have plenty of room for more. The bag is very sturdy and well made. One of the best accessory purchases I've made.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If you're looking for a handgun bag you can't go wrong with LA Police Gear. $20 for the bailout bag. I have 2 of them. One is my get home bag/ emergency car kit. The other is the range bag. I usually have 2 pistols, couple hundred rounds of ammo, eyes and ears, staple gun, some duct tape and other loose stuff. It's still got lots of room left.

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller

FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    Sears usually have there Craftsmen tool bags on sale, especially on Black Friday. Usually they have 2 for the price of one. The smaller one is my everyday range bag while I use the larger one keeps my odds and ends in. Once I outgrow the smaller one, it will be time to find a better multi-purpose bag.
    Until them, my tool bags are simple but effective. ;)

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    We have the Midway bags, small for pistols, holds everything for 4 pistols and 2 shooters. Large bag is great for long rifle equipment or mixed pistol and long gun.

I recently picked up the LAPolice Gear bag also mentioned above and am very happy with it when the spouse an I both need a bag.

I like the range bags over tool bags as they organize magazines, ammo, targets, etc. more effectively, but if you have a spare toolbag that would be a fine start.
    YMMV.
    LS6

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I've got a cheap Stanley toolbox that I found on sale for $10. Covers my needs for the most part. Its got enough room for the range tools and some boxes of ammo. If I'm taking more then a couple of guns out then I'll load up a soft side tool bag, but by that time I'm also loading the 50 cal cans in the trunk as well.

I keep my targets in a travel accordion folder.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have one of the small Midway bags for my Ruger 22/45 that is dang near designed for it, holds the gun with a holosight on it and the 6 additional mags perfect for Friday Night Steel. Otherwise I use a hard case that I picked up when Galyans was bought out by Dick's i holds up to 4 medium handguns and plenty of room below for muffs, tools and ammo. Otherwise I use old plastic tool boxes I have laying around. A Gym bag works well too,

Top Bottom