• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    So, I got my hands on a new G26 yesterday and decided it would be a great to vet the gun in a USPSA match today. Last night, I cleaned the gun, loaded the mags to max capacity and left this morning to go blow things up. All in all, it went great. I recieved several compliments about my shooting and reloading speeds, but I botched the last stage because I had no idea where to hold for longer distance. :D I'm very impressed by this little firearm. However, it f@cked me up. Total, I stayed after the match to shoot more with some buddies, I put 450 rounds down the pipe today. :D I have a bruise in my left palm from reloading 40+ times, a blister on my trigger finger, the gun gave me some nasty slide bite(the gun has alot of blood on it right now, lol), from reloading too quickly I have several blood blisters on my right palm from the skin getting caught n the mag well, and a huge bruise in my right palm from where the butt of the grip sat. Several lessons learned today, one being that I need to invest in a beaver tail. The gun had zero malfunctions. Good times :)

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Congrats! The G26 is right up there w/ the G19 in the ideal gun category.
    You might try G19 or G17 mags for backup/reloads. That might help w/ getting blood blisters.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Was it a Gen 3 or a Gen 4? Compared to my Gen 3 G19's, I don't seem to have as much of an issue with slide bite with the Gen 4 in the slim frame configuration. I installed Grip Force adapters on my 19's and love them. I bought one for my Gen 4 G26, but decided that I liked the plain slim frame better. But that could just be me too.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I shot both the 19 and the 26 at the same time a few months ago, and I thought the 19 was SO much better in handling and recoil. The 26 is great for deep concealment though...

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Love my 26! Gen 4. Came with 4 back straps, 2 have beaver tail. No slide bite. Also, installed a tungsten guide rod. Helps out ALOT! Love this little gun.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Love my 26! Gen 4. Came with 4 back straps, 2 have beaver tail. No slide bite. Also, installed a tungsten guide rod. Helps out ALOT! Love this little gun.

Bummer...I got a gen 4 G26 2 months ago and I only got 2 back straps. None of mine provided the beaver tail option. PICS PLEASE!!!

I wonder if I could order that from Glock...assuming they look good.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

Provide Pics Please. I talked with Glock and they say the G26 does not come with a beaver tail back strap at this time. I also downloaded the parts order form from Glock just to make sure I did not get wrong info from customer service. Nothing listed there either.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Most folks don't shoot enough in a few hours to encounter the "problems" that you had. I've found that a smooth trigger and a little contouring on the Trigger safety goes a long way to improve the ergonomics on my Glocks.
    Grip force (Link below) is what your are looking for, I think. But it appears that they don't list anything for the 26.

HOME
    [FONT=&quot]
    NRA Life member [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Top Bottom