Range Report: Penetration Tests vs. HDs (.22, 9mm, .223, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 12G -Pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I missed this before. Very nice write up. My biggest surprise is that most of your shots went straight through numerous objects w/o going off in every direction. I thought the green tip would have done better as well. I've shot that stuff through some pretty heavy steel pipe before. Very interesting test.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Very interesting write up. I had considered buying some of that Chinese steel core but held off since I wasn't sure it was worth it. It's certainly worth it.

At the INGO SKS Shoot this year, there was a guy with an SKS and every single shot from his sks would tumble. we knew it because he would shoot the steel target and all his shots were hitting the target at weird angles and not solid round hits like everyone else.

Maybe it's just the Russian ammo that sucks... :):

infebious

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    awesome work on this one! thanks this was very entertaining, i think i might have to do something like this soon...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    awesome work on this one! thanks this was very entertaining, i think i might have to do something like this soon...

Go for it! Just be sure to record what you do and have a plan going in. That way it looks like science even if it is just blowing up junk! ;)

:laugh: :rockwoot:

Top Bottom