• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Oh what a blast it was shooting this beauty.

To start, this thing is top grade. The fit on everything is nice and tight; just the way i like it. The finish is superb - the Nitron frame is pretty resiliant to scuffs; and to further keep it pretty I'm using a Tagua OWB leather belt holster.

Now down to the range time.
    Last night @ 9PM was SUPER foggy, windy and wet. I decided that I would shoot out at my dad's house in the country before going home for the night. 15~20 yards, couldn't go further because of the fog.

2012-01-23_06-47-35_198.jpg

Now I am no pro shooter (HAH, THAT is obvious), but first mag firing 7 rounds of 230gr Federal FMJ's all hit the target. And I was just trying to throw rounds downrange after my first three shots; I was getting cold & uncomfortable outside. However, see the two bullseyes =D. I can only assume those were my first two hits as they were two of the first three I really focused on.

I can say that the only one complaint I have is the Crimson Trace Lasergrips - they didn't come factory sighted. My POA is where I hit with the bold & bright SigLite Night Sights, but the laser was inches to the right still. Nothing a little sighting in and adjustments won't take care of. Oh, and to further comment on the Crimson Trace it sure was awesome seeing the laser go out in the fog!

All in all I shot 50 rounds of 230gr Federal FMJ, 7 rounds of 230gr Remington UMC JHP all without a flaw. And it seems the gun is a straight shooter to me. So far, it's superb.

:( happy tears for love. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Update:

About an hour ago I decided to fire the last 6 shots of 230gr. Federal FMJ's I had left. This was the result:

2012-01-26_20-58-23_537.jpg

I would have to estimate it at around 10~ yards from the target. I wasn't looking for anything over the top, just wanted to test more fit & function. Therefore, the first shot was well placed & patience was given. The remaining 5 I did take the time to control my breathing and aim, but I did not however give much time at all between shots. The recoil is so light on this thing my follow up is done in what seems to be less than a second. I'm sure it's more than that - maybe a video is due next?

I am totally impressed in this gun. I remember in recent times my XD9 and Glock 19 not doing this good at this distance even. I dryfire often, too - so please don't tell me it was *all* my technique to fail me on the springfield or the glock =P.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    Congrats on your new gun!

I picked up my C3 CT a few weeks ago. Finally fired a couple of mags through it yesterday. The gun was flawless. The laser is going to need some adjustment though. I think it will be a keeper.

Top Bottom