• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Went to the range today with 100, .22 rounds; 50, 9mm; and 20, .357 reloads. I was happy with my performance. All the shots were taken at 21 feet slow firing (except one group which was fast).

9mm G19

3 separate groups of 10 here. The top 2 groups we slow accurate shots, the bottom group was quick, as soon as I aligned the sights I took the shot. Roughly half second intervals

0501091545.jpg

Close up of the 2 top groups from the picture above with quarters.

0501091546.jpg

Two more groups from my G19. Again slow accurate shots.

0501091541.jpg

.357 Ruger Blackhawk 6" barrel

There are two groups of four here with quarters. The bottom group's widest point is 1" measuring from the center of each hole. The top was 1.25"

0501091549.jpg

Here is a group of 12

0501091548.jpg

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Thanks urustyone and jmiller.

Yea technically its my dad's Blackhawk, but its mine to use whenever, and I'm the only son so someday...:D

And by the way I don't post these up here to brag of any sort, I don't think my shooting skills are anything to brag about...yet! Give me a few years haha. I just love seeing range reports, and reading what that person was working on that day and such. We need to see more of these!

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Good shooting. I'd like to get my groups about to where yours are at.

I too shoot my handguns for functionality rather than style points.

If a headshot hits the head, I'm perfectly content. Same with centermass shots. Even if 6 rapid shots aren't grouped well, if their all in the 'mass' then they would have done their job.

BTW, I do love the white lettering on the glock. One of these days I'm going to have to sit down and do the same to mine....

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Good shooting. I'd like to get my groups about to where yours are at.

I too shoot my handguns for functionality rather than style points.

If a headshot hits the head, I'm perfectly content. Same with centermass shots. Even if 6 rapid shots aren't grouped well, if their all in the 'mass' then they would have done their job.

BTW, I do love the white lettering on the glock. One of these days I'm going to have to sit down and do the same to mine....

Thanks, one thing I did today was two times I only put 4 rounds in the cylinder (cylinder holds 6) I would put one round in then spin the cylinder put in another, and so on... this way I could check if I was flinching at all. It help me a whole lot!

Just make sure you use Crayola crayon for the lettering, either that or a lacquer stick :D

Looks like you had a good day shooting, thanks for posting.

Thanks I had a great day. Any day I can spend time with my G19 and any of my dad's Rugers is a good day. ;)

Top Bottom