• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Based on a tip here I drove to Frankfurt Rural King where there was a Sig 365.
    I bought it for the $499 price that others had talked about.

20'
    z2gQPpg.jpg

30'
    lkikpez.jpg

Back to 20' (center target not shot b/c of continual FTL/jamming and I wearied of
    putting up with it).
    oWNVs3k.jpg

Only 2/10 magazines had no jams with the Rami.
    I tried 2 different kinds of ammo: Fiochi 115 grain and Blazer Brass 115 grain and had no effect.
    Sometimes it wouldn't even load the first round from dropping the slide, and sometimes it would do that 5 times in a row.
    Sometimes it would not load after firing.
    I'd drop the mag, it would jam trying to get in, then I'd bring the slide back to eject the round stuck half-way.
    Here is a pic, and have many of them but they are all the same.
    At first I thought it was something simple like the magazine was not fully locked in, but no such luck.
    It ejected after firing a round fine; the issue was the next round loading, and the 1st round would not load sometimes, as stated.
    It has to be a simple fix. Hopefully I'll avoid having to pay to ship it and if it is out of warranty (bought it used), avoid repair costs.
    Any input?
    HWOf8n3.jpg

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Clean it, lube it, try again. It obviously is very accurate, the other stuff is details that can be worked out.

As a side note, we don't have problems like that at the KJQ range. :cool:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Clean it, lube it, try again. It obviously is very accurate, the other stuff is details that can be worked out.
    As a side note, we don't have problems like that at the KJQ range. :cool:

1. So funny!
    2. Yes, I'm not even that worried (though I'd never CC it), and I've read about the magazines or something needing "filed" or something on a thread but I don't remember which gun they were talking about.
    3. I was thrilled at its accuracy!
    4. I fully intend to sell the Shield 9 (and I have several mags to go with it, and maybe the Glock 26 if the Rami gets dependable).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Clean and lube the RAMI, my dad has one (though it is far from stock with internal polishing and all the Cajun goodies) they like to run "wet". Also get the 12 round magazine for the 365 IMHO it makes a huge difference and really allows me to get a full grip on the small pistol.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Rami...lol
    You drank the Kool-Aide, now suffer the ****z.
    Looks like you found out about the cz sickness all at once.
    But they got this great warranty, oh what's that you say? No warranty?:popcorn:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Clean and lube the RAMI, my dad has one (though it is far from stock with internal polishing and all the Cajun goodies) they like to run "wet". Also get the 12 round magazine for the 365 IMHO it makes a huge difference and really allows me to get a full grip on the small pistol.
    !

1. Will do!
    2. I thought I'd used a 12 round mag that a friend had b/c I remember it being more "user friendly."

Rami...lol
    You drank the Kool-Aide, now suffer the ****z.
    Looks like you found out about the cz sickness all at once.
    But they got this great warranty, oh what's that you say? No warranty?:popcorn:

3. I did drink: 4 times.
    4. I had no idea about the warranty, but saw this on the web: CZ warranty covers 5 years for ORIGINAL BUYER ONLY.
    5. I had no idea of it not being a lifetime warranty like other top tier brands, and shame on them for it being only for the original buyer.
    6. This means I should have paid a few more bucks and bought a new one to be covered.
    7. Never had any trouble with the 3 Glocks I bought, or the 4 Smiths, or the 4 Rugers (until the last revolver), or the 3 Sigs.
    8. This is my 4th CZ, maybe I should have stopped at 3. :rofl:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Running the RAMI wet will surely help. Also, if you've done much RAMI research, you may have seen that they are known to wear out the outer recoil spring a little faster than you would expect. I've seen some comments that owners will replace the outer recoil spring after as few as 500 rounds.

I keep a couple spares on tap, and got them from here:

RECOIL SPRING OUTER RAMI

They are out of stock now, but these should be good medicine for what I was able to understand with your FTF/FTE issues.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Meh, warranties are for the guys that don't know true craftsmen who can fix guns. The Rami issue is not a big deal.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Also, after you clean the barrel, use something for magnification and inspect the chamber carefully to be sure there is no carbon build up. When you look through the barrel to inspect it, have a sheet of well lighted white paper in front of it to really light up the interior.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Meh, warranties are for the guys that don't know true craftsmen who can fix guns. The Rami issue is not a big deal.

1. Encouraging!

Also, after you clean the barrel, use something for magnification and inspect the chamber carefully to be sure there is no carbon build up. When you look through the barrel to inspect it, have a sheet of well lighted white paper in front of it to really light up the interior.

2. The previous owner never shot it (if I remember correctly), and he said he bought it off someone who never shot it, so there shouldn't be any build up.
    3. Both of these previous owners are stand-up members here, so I have don't doubt that the gun was bought by both parties and they simply upgraded to other ones.
    4. I think I just drew the short straw and there is magazine-feed issues which I've read about with new guns.
    5. With school just starting up, I just won't have time to deal with it. I did sell the Corolla today (Monday is pick-up), so that is off my plate.
    6. Maybe someone who is a CZ person can take it and I can pay them to do the polishing or whatever it will need.
    7. Tragedy is, I already have trust issues with semi-autos for CC, so I can't imagine using it for a CC now, which means I'll have to keep the Glock 26, which has never let me down.
    8. The Sig 365 will take the place of the Shield 9, no problem.
    9. I did buy a bore light, so I'll remember the white paper.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Running the RAMI wet will surely help. Also, if you've done much RAMI research, you may have seen that they are known to wear out the outer recoil spring a little faster than you would expect. I've seen some comments that owners will replace the outer recoil spring after as few as 500 rounds.

I keep a couple spares on tap, and got them from here:

RECOIL SPRING OUTER RAMI

They are out of stock now, but these should be good medicine for what I was able to understand with your FTF/FTE issues.

Yup. Springs.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    While you're giving it a thorough cleaning, you might also want to take the mags apart and see if there's any gunk inside that might cause them to be sticky inside. That probably wouldn't account for all of it--most likely IS a spring issue as stated above--but cleaning inside them might help a little anyway.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    While you're giving it a thorough cleaning, you might also want to take the mags apart and see if there's any gunk inside that might cause them to be sticky inside. That probably wouldn't account for all of it--most likely IS a spring issue as stated above--but cleaning inside them might help a little anyway.

I might be in the minority here, but I do this with every gun new to me. Cleaning the inside of mags is often overlooked. Ive seen them full of way too much factory oil and also super dirty too. There was a thread around here a few years back where someone bought a new gun that had two mag followers inside one of the new mags, I think it may have been a Shield or something.

Top Bottom