• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Excellent report! It was almost like I was there (even though I wasn't this time. . . :xmad:).

Repped, and a big thanks to lovemywoods (and a great username).

Those who have been there really 'get it'. :D

We need to get together at a mutual range before long.

Let's make sure a phone call (or PM) gets made up to the north when this happens. I'm pretty sure I know what "mutual range" would work. ;)

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    really nice report.:ingo:..I have two 10/22's that are 20 years apart in manufacture date with different optics (both have metal receivers) and I also have a Spikes upper conversion...I would like to run a similar test.... especially comparing the accuracy of two identical rifles of different vintages....

Man I gotta get to the range!!!!!!:ar15:

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Great report LMWs! I've been thinking about a conversion for an AR, thank you. I'm sure you'll find there was a problem with the scope on the 10-22, they typically shoot much better than that @ 50yrds. rep coming

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    i believe the ruger should do better. my ruger shoots better than that. it has to be the optic.

I would also check the takedown screw in the bottom. If it loosens and the whole action goes floating the groups will open something bad.

But, yeah, something mechanical.

Thanks again LMW for a good, methodical, and extensive range report. This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes INGO so very special!

:ingo:

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Nice work! I have a spikes dedicated upper as well with the green mountain barrel. Shoots great with a red dot on it, never shot it with a scope. I have a Marlin 25n that I've had since I was about 10 and shoots lights out. Thanks again for the range report!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks, LMW! I was wondering how much I was missing with my Ciener over a dedicated lower. Just curious... are you putting the standard .223 bolt back in and blowing out the gas system with a .223 round at the end of shooting? In other words, how dirty is your gas system getting with the .22 ammo? Do some .22 brands seem worse than others for gumming up the works?

Thanks

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    That is an awesome report! If you ever want to add to that Equipment list just let me know. I have a S&W AR-15 .22 (another dedicated .22 AR) I'm sure somebody with a Colt AR-15 .22 would also lend a rifle for such reporting.

Again, very nice report sir.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Thanks, LMW! I was wondering how much I was missing with my Ciener over a dedicated lower. Just curious... are you putting the standard .223 bolt back in and blowing out the gas system with a .223 round at the end of shooting? In other words, how dirty is your gas system getting with the .22 ammo? Do some .22 brands seem worse than others for gumming up the works?

Thanks

I've never had a crud problem running the Ciener conversion. The first .223 round clears the gas tube just fine!

Top Bottom