• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I drive by it fairly often, but haven't driven by in a while. I have family coming in from IL who wants to go shooting, and no offense to other ranges, I would prefer to give my money to BGF since they always take care of me.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I was just by there last Friday. Looks like the damage from the fire has been cleaned up. There are still tarps up on the store side and all of the debris is gone. New construction has not started as of yet. I too can't wait until the range is back up and running. Even though there are ranges like point blank in greenwood, I would rather go to BGF too. Pops will never see a dime of my money. I like the idea of keeping my money local and will do so as soon as they reopen.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW, I can't imagine the stress that has to entail for the business owner! That was a long time ago. It stresses me out to think of all the BS insurance and legal crap they are having to deal with just to get back up and running. You just can't bill for that time.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Nov 23, 2008
    There will be a lot of people coming back to BG range once it reopens.

tackleberry65

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2008
    speedway
    I am trying to put together a group from work to visit a range during lunch. I was hoping to go to Beech Grove, but it sounds like that is still in the works. Their website doesn't give up a lot of info.

Integraholic

Master
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Engineers came back and told us we had to demo the rest of the walls before anything could be built. Hopefully soon we can start building a range again. Sorry it's taking so long. We're just as anxious as the rest of you.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Nov 23, 2008
    Engineers came back and told us we had to demo the rest of the walls before anything could be built. Hopefully soon we can start building a range again. Sorry it's taking so long. We're just as anxious as the rest of you.

Thanks for the update. I know you guys want to get the range back up. Believe me those of us that have had to shoot on smokey ranges want to see the Beech Grove range back in action as well. Beech Grove is a bit of a drive for me but worth it to shoot in a smoke free environment. Best of luck to you.

Top Bottom