• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    That is my old stomping grounds. I just spent an hour touring that area on google earth, man, I haven't been in that area in many years.
    I'm sorry I actually have little to nothing to offer for your post.
    The property looks beautiful and there are tons of strip mining lakes and ponds in that area and they left the ground rough enough in areas that they would make great parks.
    I have no idea what distance the range goes out to. There is, very near there if not the same property, a gentleman I know of that has a range that goes out to at least a 1000. I don't know if he ever made it public or not though. Last time I saw it (also just google earth) it was a more simple straight line rifle range. Iirc it was along a path cleared for the power lines.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    That is my old stomping grounds. I just spent an hour touring that area on google earth, man, I haven't been in that area in many years.
    I'm sorry I actually have little to nothing to offer for your post.
    The property looks beautiful and there are tons of strip mining lakes and ponds in that area and they left the ground rough enough in areas that they would make great parks.
    I have no idea what distance the range goes out to. There is, very near there if not the same property, a gentleman I know of that has a range that goes out to at least a 1000. I don't know if he ever made it public or not though. Last time I saw it (also just google earth) it was a more simple straight line rifle range. Iirc it was along a path cleared for the power lines.
    No worries, I appreciate the info anyway. I'm considering joining, just curious about their range. I used to shoot at Riley CC but I since moved up to Clinton, so that's a bit far for me now.

Top Bottom