• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Hey guys - just FYI - I stopped in to Ranger in Fort Wayne today just to see the place. Spoke with a fellow named Mike. Good guy, good place. Pretty good selection and pricing. In my opinion, beats the heck out of another place in Fort Wayne that I won't name.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Go down the road to 21st Century Firearms in Bluffton. I'll be there next week. Great shop and INGO Supporter!

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Russ and his boys are a great bunch. Everytime I go there, I always get to talking with then guys and just BS'n. THey are definately, IMHO, the best game in Ft Wayne. 21st is a great shop and if they weren't so far, I would do my business with them. When 21st opens up that shop in Ft Wayne(last I had heard) Ranger is gonna have some good stiff competition.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sitting here reading behind the monitor it appears Ft. Wayne just doesn't have as many fun functions as the Indy Area or Southern Indiana members...

One thing the Ft. Wayne area does have are a few great shops... To the already mentioned Ranger and 21st Century, I would like to add Hillside ( Roanoke ) and Tomlinson's in Busco. I was there for the first time today ( Tomlinson's ) and was impressed with their reloading inventory and prices.

The area also has some great shooting ranges. I can think of 5 off top of my head.

Haikufunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Ranger Supply is a great shop and the best prices that I have yet to see (yes, this includes 21st Century). Russ will give it to you straight and has always been welcoming and informative. If he does not have it he will try and order it for you.

FYI, I have been to 21st Century and since someone brought them up in a thread that had nothing to do with them (imagine if every 21st century thread I came across I took the opportunity to promote another shop, I feel I would be very unpopular) I will expound upon why I find Ranger Supply to be a better choice.

1) It is closer, and as important as it is to support site sponsors I find it more important to support local vendors (i.e. it contributes to Fort Wayne's tax base, etc.). Also, I save money by not driving to Bluffton.

2) Before I drove to Bluffton (and influenced by this site) I was convinced that 21st had the greatest prices in the world. I was disappointed to find that they were higher than my local shop (even the Pmags were $3 more expensive). Ranger Supply's have always been competitive and I have never felt that I paid too much.

3) While at 21st and while looking for options in regards to an AR upper I asked about the ones that they had on hand. I was told by the shops owner that he had Olympic Arms and that these uppers would outshoot any upper on the market. I asked about Noveske and I was reassured that Olympic Arms uppers would outshoot them anyday and that he would trust this upper over any other. I was slightly taken aback given the reputation that Olympic Arms has, but then I found out that 21st is a dealer for Olympic Arms. I can understand a guy trying to sell the product he carries, but his statements struck me as disengenious at best. A better statement would have been that Olympic, while not a top tier brand, offers customers a price point that is more reasonable for some customers. This fact turned me off. My experience at Ranger Supply has been much different.

These are a few of my reasons why I prefer Ranger Supply and why I will probably not frequent 21st in the future (even if they open a store in Fort Wayne). I understand that 21st is a site sponsor so please be kind in the way that you reply to my post. I am merely trying to be objective and present my experience with both shops.

Regards.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Russ is pretty much the only shop I deal with in Fort Wayne. He has always treated me great and has always beat everyone's prices.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ranger Supply is a great shop and the best prices that I have yet to see (yes, this includes 21st Century). Russ will give it to you straight and has always been welcoming and informative. If he does not have it he will try and order it for you.

FYI, I have been to 21st Century and since someone brought them up in a thread that had nothing to do with them (imagine if every 21st century thread I came across I took the opportunity to promote another shop, I feel I would be very unpopular) I will expound upon why I find Ranger Supply to be a better choice.

1) It is closer, and as important as it is to support site sponsors I find it more important to support local vendors (i.e. it contributes to Fort Wayne's tax base, etc.). Also, I save money by not driving to Bluffton.

2) Before I drove to Bluffton (and influenced by this site) I was convinced that 21st had the greatest prices in the world. I was disappointed to find that they were higher than my local shop (even the Pmags were $3 more expensive). Ranger Supply's have always been competitive and I have never felt that I paid too much.

3) While at 21st and while looking for options in regards to an AR upper I asked about the ones that they had on hand. I was told by the shops owner that he had Olympic Arms and that these uppers would outshoot any upper on the market. I asked about Noveske and I was reassured that Olympic Arms uppers would outshoot them anyday and that he would trust this upper over any other. I was slightly taken aback given the reputation that Olympic Arms has, but then I found out that 21st is a dealer for Olympic Arms. I can understand a guy trying to sell the product he carries, but his statements struck me as disengenious at best. A better statement would have been that Olympic, while not a top tier brand, offers customers a price point that is more reasonable for some customers. This fact turned me off. My experience at Ranger Supply has been much different.

These are a few of my reasons why I prefer Ranger Supply and why I will probably not frequent 21st in the future (even if they open a store in Fort Wayne). I understand that 21st is a site sponsor so please be kind in the way that you reply to my post. I am merely trying to be objective and present my experience with both shops.

Regards.

I bought an Olympic Arms AR from 21st and it was a piece of ****. Sent it back to Olympic, took a few months to get it back, sold it.

I have nothing against 21st, its a good shop and the guys have always been really nice. They have a pretty devout following on here, you would get crucified if you said a bad word about them (not that I would, they are great). But I find the same as you do, Ranger is pretty much always cheaper and I dont have to haggle and negotiate the price to get their best deal. Its right there on the sticker.

I have bought several guns from each shop, when 21st runs a sale, they have amazing prices and I have taken advantage of that, but Ranger while not having the massive inventory is a great shop with good guys working there and great prices.

Truthfully you cant go wrong either way.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like Ranger supply. I'd say they're nearly perfect. If they started to carry a large supply of reloading supplies and ammo then I think that'd take them to the next level. As they are now, they're the only shop in Fort Wayne that even tries to get some of the newest gun coming out onto their shelves.

I had them do some work to a AR of mine and they were great. Very helpful and plenty of useful information.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Heck I used to work there, and while I'd love to get every sale I can out of the Fort Wayne guys I know the drive can be a bit long for the simple items. I am really glad to see Russ keeping things going and that he's doing good. If I had to send you guys to a shop in Fort Wayne, I prefer it be his, instead of anyone else's up there. When David finally lets me come back to my home town I'd don't care to compete with anyone, I just want to provide another option and continue to better educate people on the facts, pleasures, and get guns in their hands.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Heck I used to work there, and while I'd love to get every sale I can out of the Fort Wayne guys I know the drive can be a bit long for the simple items. I am really glad to see Russ keeping things going and that he's doing good. If I had to send you guys to a shop in Fort Wayne, I prefer it be his, instead of anyone else's up there. When David finally lets me come back to my home town I'd don't care to compete with anyone, I just want to provide another option and continue to better educate people on the facts, pleasures, and get guns in their hands.

I think that's a very professional approach. There's definately room in this town for another gun shop and the two could compliment each other very nicely.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Russ did alot to help me out when I got out of the Army and though at times some people may not get his humor, he's a good dude. Don't get me wrong though, if they want to go down on some ping pong or pool, I'll cut them to win.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Russ has always been more than fair.

Ranger supply has always been my first stop for most of my shooting needs. He has been able to get almost any firearm I wanted, and has even helped me avoid a few mistakes along the way.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    but Ranger while not having the massive inventory is a great shop with good guys working there and great prices.

While their inventory might bother some, maybe even Russ himself, it has never bothered me. He pretty much knows anymore when I walk in to go to his computer. Of all the guns I have bought from him, I have only once bought one that he had there in his store. He has never gave me static or tried talking me into something else, but rather happily ordered whatever it was that I was wanting. That goes a long way in my opinion !

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I was there and involved in the Ranger shop when they tried to get to be a site supporter of INGO. They tried three times until it was made obvious that it was just not going to be allowed to happen. Competition is competition and I know Ranger is not afraid of it; in fact, he welcomes it. I do, however, find it extremely disconcerting when this site attempts to direct people to a site supporter and away from others when the others are not allowed to become paying supporters too. Jahred is very simply one of my favorite go to's in the gun world regardless of where he works, just like Russ and Mike at Ranger Supply.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I met the guys from Ranger at a few gun shows, so i decided to check out the shop. I was made to feel very comfortable by the staff, and i needed to pick up a new buffer tube, and it was worth the drive for me. I don't get down there anymore, but that's just because i work part time at a local shop, and now i get almost everything at cost. Great shop in my opinion.

Top Bottom