• ...and so much more!
  • NirvanaFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    NY, Away from NYC
    Hello!
    Sadly, I'm stuck in NY. Fortunately, I'm about 5 and a half hours from the craphole that is NYC. Here, no ranges really rent firearms. It's not worth it because in order to touch a pistol, you have to have a permit (which ranges from super easy to somewhat difficult to get). Legally, not even my wife can touch my pistols even though I've taken multiple training classes and have a concealed carry permit.

I'll be in the Fort Wayne area this coming up weekend for a wedding. A bunch of my family from NY wants to take the opportunity to visit a range. Are there any ranges that rent firearms that you guys can recommend? We're probably looking for a mix of pistols and rifles. I've shot plenty of neutered down ARs here in NY, but if I can get my hands on something cool, it would be awesome :D

If there aren't any ranges that rent firearms, are there any that are open to the public? I guess bringing a bunch of my firearms from NY is always a possibility, but I'd rather not.

Thanks!

(Mods, sorry if this thread doesn't belong in this forum. I wasn't really sure where to put it.)

NirvanaFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    NY, Away from NYC
    We were looking at going Sunday morning before we leave to come back home, but Saturday morning may work too. The wedding isn't until 3pm, so we should have time in the morning.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'll be in the Fort Wayne area this coming up weekend for a wedding. A bunch of my family from NY wants to take the opportunity to visit a range. Are there any ranges that rent firearms that you guys can recommend? We're probably looking for a mix of pistols and rifles.

How about hooking up with an instructor? An instructor probably has access to some guns as well as range access. If you have a bunch that are new to shooting hearing a safety lecture from an instructor rather than you may be beneficial. Don't have anyone to recommend but thought I would throw out the idea.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Pigeon River is a public range, I believe you need to be licensed to shoot handguns though. It is outdoors and north of town, 30-40 miles maybe? I'm not sure.

NirvanaFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    NY, Away from NYC
    How about hooking up with an instructor? An instructor probably has access to some guns as well as range access. If you have a bunch that are new to shooting hearing a safety lecture from an instructor rather than you may be beneficial. Don't have anyone to recommend but thought I would throw out the idea.

The others aren't new to shooting, so they know the safety rules. They're just unfamiliar with handguns. A safety lecture by a 3rd party isn't a bad idea though. It never hurts!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom