• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I have the feeling that this isn't the forums favorite genre, but he is a victim of the SAFE Act nonetheless.

razsimone.jpg

Rapper Soloman Samuel Simone (aka Raz Simone - razsimone.com) legally carried his firearm from his hometown of Seattle with him on a plane to New York as he has before. He was unaware of the new laws which took effect March 1st, not even a month before his trip, and was not informed by anyone at the airport of them. He stayed in New York for two days, and was arrested March 24th while attempting to board a flight back to Seattle.

He is out on a $10,000 bail, and is being charged with a felony and a minimum 5 years if he loses the court case. He currently cannot legally leave New York.

He is asking for any donations people feel like donating on his site to help him in the court case.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sucks but you know the drill. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Before I carry a firearm to any communist state I check the laws.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Calgary Flames hat... interesting...

Go Blues!

Anyway, I would usually agree with you Top Dog, but the fact of the matter is that these things are changing so much lately it is hard for enthusiasts like us to even follow it all.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My question would be:

How did he carry in NY LEGALLY before? NY doesn't recognize permits from any other state.

Is blind, deaf, and stupid? It's not like NY tried to keep their latest government sponsored rape of the Constitution a secret. They are proudly waving it around.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sucks but you know the drill. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Before I carry a firearm to any communist state I check the laws.

I don't go to the communist state. I can go to states that obey the Constitution. Illinois, California, New York—I will not go there. Sad, but I cannot visit the Statue of Liberty due to laws violating the Constitution.

If more of us would boycott those states, it would help our cause.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    How about a suit under the full faith and credit clause. That a lawful act (ie gay marriage, license to carry) in one state must be recognized in another state.

This is not only an infringement on RKBA, but also an infringement on Americans' liberty interest in freedom of travel among the fifty (57?) states...

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    My question would be:

How did he carry in NY LEGALLY before? NY doesn't recognize permits from any other state.

Is blind, deaf, and stupid? It's not like NY tried to keep their latest government sponsored rape of the Constitution a secret. They are proudly waving it around.

I'm not sure, as I'm going off what he says on his website and newest video, and he doesn't elaborate. My first guess would be a non-resident liscense, but apparently New York doesn't give those out, and Washington State doesn't honor New York's license, so I'm not sure.

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    I am missing something here, but what part of the law was he arrested for violating? If he was getting ready to board a flight, then his firearm must have been properly secured in his checked baggage? Was there ammunition involved in the checked baggage? Was it because he had a standard size magazine, which surely was unloaded so how could they tell. Something is missing from this story!

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    How about a suit under the full faith and credit clause. That a lawful act (ie gay marriage, license to carry) in one state must be recognized in another state.

This is not only an infringement on RKBA, but also an infringement on Americans' liberty interest in freedom of travel among the fifty (57?) states...
    Too true. All states have a duty to recognize the public acts, records, and proceedings of each of the other states, and refusing to do so violates article IV of the constitution, in addition to the second amendment.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Calgary Flames hat... interesting...

Go Blues!

Anyway, I would usually agree with you Top Dog, but the fact of the matter is that these things are changing so much lately it is hard for enthusiasts like us to even follow it all.

Disregarding the changes - never bring a handgun to NYC! :n00b:

Big Muddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Jasper County
    I don't go to the communist state. I can go to states that obey the Constitution. Illinois, California, New York—I will not go there. Sad, but I cannot visit the Statue of Liberty due to laws violating the Constitution.

If more of us would boycott those states, it would help our cause.

I took the family to Texas for a week in March, and refused to travel through Illinois, even though it added a couple of hours to the trip, each way.
    It was not easy, but it provided a great object lesson for the kids!
    I was also much happier spending my money for gas/hotel/meals with people smart enough to keep any Dickie Durbin wannabes out of their own state/local offices......

Top Bottom