• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    ok my number one interest is firearms, especially pistols and tactical rifles but here lately ive been messing with rc helicopters,... anyone else here at ingo like to fly choppers???? they are very fun and not as expensice as i thought, i bought a few cheap ones at best buy then i bought some better ones at a hobby shop in muncie, the better ones are made by blade and the cheaper ones are protocols. but even the better ones only cost 150 to 180 bucks, and you can really fly them and put them where you want. any one else into rc helicopters on here????

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Never tried it, but I think it would be great fun. If I really had unlimited money to burn, might be fun to go toe-to-toe with a group of drone hunters. Sort of a new spin on shooting clay birds. ;)

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    the ones made by blade are awesome i can get parts, and the guy at the hobby shop stocks parts for them, i can mail them to illinois to have blade the manufacturer fix them, the protocols and other cheaper ones which do fly good, i cant hardly get parts for, from now on im buying ones i cant get parts for.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    They certainly are a blast! I have been in RC Aviation for a number of years now and love to fly the helicopters! I have mostly flown airplanes and the helicopters have all been smaller electric ones. I recently decided to mostly get out of the hobby because of time and money, but decided to stick with smaller electric airplanes and helicopters that I can fly in a small field or parking lot.

Have you been to E-Fest yet? There are a lot of great demonstrations and is kinda like a gun show for electric RC, plus you can fly what you bring.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    They certainly are a blast! I have been in RC Aviation for a number of years now and love to fly the helicopters! I have mostly flown airplanes and the helicopters have all been smaller electric ones. I recently decided to mostly get out of the hobby because of time and money, but decided to stick with smaller electric airplanes and helicopters that I can fly in a small field or parking lot.

Have you been to E-Fest yet? There are a lot of great demonstrations and is kinda like a gun show for electric RC, plus you can fly what you bring.
    i havent been to any demonstrations, need to check out what they got going on in muncie at the academy of aeronautics, im very new to the hobby, its really not that expensive till u buy abunch of choppers, im not quite there yet.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    ...its really not that expensive till u buy abunch of choppers...
    The small electric ones aren't that bad but you do need to have spare parts on hand. The thing I have found with the small Blade helicopters is that once you crash them so many times, it doesn't matter how many parts you replace, they just stop flying straight and become hard to maneuver. I have bought the same helicopter a couple of times because of this. Maybe I should stop flying so recklessly.... Nah! That's part of the fun!

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Wow, that was impressive. I doubt that was his first time on the stick. I always wanted to get into the gas powered rc controlled planes/choppers. Never did. I guess I just liked the idea of it...

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Can you do this yet?

Please... I can do this with both eyes tied behind my back and arms closed! Ok, but seriously that was AWESOME. I thought the pilot, the camera man, and/or the ground were going to get a taste of the chopper at least 50 times! Thanks for sharing, I've gotta show my kids and nephew.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    that guy in that video was very good and so was his drone, I cant fly like that, Ill be honest, I bought a bigger helicopter like that, its a blade that looks like the huey chopper used in viet nam. and I got it in the air and put it into my shed, broke my blades and a few others, good thing is I can get parts. when its put back to gether im putting it on hold till I have a super open area.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    As stated above, I have also found that the el-cheapo indoor helicopters are more durable than the Blade brand ones. My $39 flea market special took a beating and was held together with rubber bands and scotch tape but kept on flying. After 2 minor tumbles (on carpeting yet to boot) my $125 Blade helo would lose parts on every normal (crash free) "smooth" flight.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    As stated above, I have also found that the el-cheapo indoor helicopters are more durable than the Blade brand ones. My $39 flea market special took a beating and was held together with rubber bands and scotch tape but kept on flying. After 2 minor tumbles (on carpeting yet to boot) my $125 Blade helo would lose parts on every normal (crash free) "smooth" flight.

The El Cheapos are usually very durable but I bet they can't do this!
    Not me BTW, I'm not that good with helicopters.

[video=youtube_share;7oJDeUAvNKY]http://youtu.be/7oJDeUAvNKY[/video]

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Last Christmas my wife got a small indoor model for my son and a larger one for me. They are loads of fun but I must admit I think I would have preferred to have the smaller one. It doesn't take nearly as long to charge and flies for about the same amount of time. Plus being able to fly it indoors provides much more opportunity to enjoy it. They are both "toy grade" helicopters but they are still quite a bit of fun.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Last Christmas my wife got a small indoor model for my son and a larger one for me. They are loads of fun but I must admit I think I would have preferred to have the smaller one. It doesn't take nearly as long to charge and flies for about the same amount of time. Plus being able to fly it indoors provides much more opportunity to enjoy it. They are both "toy grade" helicopters but they are still quite a bit of fun.
    Yeah the small ones are great because you can stay inside where you are protected from the wind. As I'm sure you have already found out, the slightest breeze and your heli is taken for a ride. Just be sure to turn off the house fan and any ceiling fans or you will encounter extreme turbulence! Or you could tun a ceiling fan on high and see if you can recover from a microburst! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom