Plainfield

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    Yep, just bolt it down+go to town..

I just primed 500 .223Rem. this AM on mine..

Took about 1.5 hours for the 500..Bill.

You spend more time loading the primer tube than it takes to prime. Another plus is that you don't need separate shell holders. You use the same ones that you use on your press.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    This is really cool. I hate hand priming......Hmmmmm my birthday is coming up too.......

The primer loading part, how do you know if a primer is upside down? Resistance in the lever???

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    This is really cool. I hate hand priming......Hmmmmm my birthday is coming up too.......

The primer loading part, how do you know if a primer is upside down? Resistance in the lever???

^^^You can see each one as they go in..Edit==Just before you place the case in the shell holder.

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield

Very easy to see. I just tossed my Lee Auto Prime and shell holders in a drawer never to be seen again. You will not regret your purchase!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I got one for Christmas and the effort required to prime is the least of any tool I've ever used. The only thing with mine is that it's not dropping a new primer into the cup like it should...I have to manually push the cup over a little to align with the tube, each time.

When loading the primer tube, you start by putting your primers into an RCBS primer-turning tray that you gently shake so that they are all facing up. Then, you put the lid on the tray and flip it over so all the primers are facing down in the lid. From there, it takes very little time to fill the tube. This single advantage is what I prefer most about the system.

RCBS Primer Turning Tray

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I don't have this version, but I DO have the RCBS APS bench mounted priming tool, and it's AWESOME.
    All primers seat to the same depth once set, and the effort is so low that I could operate the lever with one finger.
    Loading primers is into the priming strips that it uses is also easy with the loading tray.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I love my bench prime....great feel...never had a shallow seated primer with this and visual inspection of the primer before the case is inserted is super easy...right on top.

It has a "break in" period...for the first few tubes of primers mine would fling primers onto the floor...after a couple hundred this stopped. Also had to keep tightening the primer cups through the first few tubes.

I also chucked the primer ram thingys into my cordless drill and polished them with 800 grit sand paper...add a drop of oil and theyre buttery smooth.

I also tape the primer tube in when I use it.

God bless
    -Shred

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom