• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    hey guys was seriously considering purchasing one of these... i have read some good reviews and so far it seems that it is the best value in automated tricklers... any input? anything would be a help

ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    hey the other thing i was wondering about is the ultrasonic case cleaners... do they do that much better of a job and if so what brands do best?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   1
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    The Chargemasters are really nice for accurate powder throws, but they take a long time to dish out a powder charge for pistols. Not really worth it in my opinion. Get yourself an RCBS Uni-flow for $100. It's just as accurate (within reason) and its significantly less expensive.

If you're really dying for a automatic powder measure, look into the one made my Smart Reloader. It comes with all the bells and whistles that the Chargemaster does, but it costs less than $200. Essentially, its the same thing.

As for ultrasonic cleaners, my opinion is mixed. They clean brass pretty well in a short period of time, but they're messy, and the vinegar that you should be using tarnishes the case if you don't rinse well with Distilled water. I'd stick with good media and a vibratory tumbler.

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    Gee, my ChargeMaster keeps up with my Dillon 1050s and you can program it for a specific load and minimize the time even more. Now, the old PACT/RCBS unit was slow at times.

I do not understand this need to spend money on shiny brass. 30 minutes in 20/40 corn gets the brass as clean as anything. Every thing beyond that is just too OCD. Then, the idea of getting my brass wet and having to dry it is just too much.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   1
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    When I prep my brass, I do a one hour wash in hot soapy water with Lemishine in my cement mixer. Then I dry it overnight and give it a 4-6 hour polish in a rotary tumbler. OCD? Perhaps. Perfectionism? Absolutely.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've had an RCBS chargemaster combo for years and I don't know how much I'd enjoy reloading without it. I use mine for my accurate reloads for long range. I like every charge of powder to be exactly what I want. I'm using a dillon 550B and just pull out the case for an exact charge at that station. Not all powders will meter accurately in different powder dispensers. I can't get Varget or IMR 4350 to flow steadily enough in my powder dispenser to be where I want to be, so I use my chargemaster combo. They hold their value and are worth every penny.

ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    hey checked out the uniflow and didn't recognize it by the name... i do have lyman's equiv of the uniflow and it does work alright i was hoping for a more accurate throw though. as far as OCD case prep goes... IF IT SHOOTS GOOD, DO IT!! : )

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I picked up a Lee Perfect Powder Measure for less than $25. It is very accurate and fast. Once set for a particular load, I've never seen it be off by more than 1/10th of a grain. I load strictly for plinking and target shooting. I also never load the maximum charges allowed so that amount of accuracy is fine for my purposes. And I don't just take it for granted that it is correct. I check every 5th load with a digital scale.

Here is the link for Midway with over 100 customer reviews. (I bought mine at a gun show, but was about that same price).

Lee Perfect Powder Measure - MidwayUSA

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have the Lyman 1200 DPS III. I love it. I use it for high power rifle ammo and various pistol rounds where I'm not loading over a couple of boxes. I've used powder measures and powder tricklers. This thing beats them all. I'm sure the RCBS is a good one too.

bschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I have had a chargemaster for over 2 years now and it is well worth the money. It wouldn't be my first choice for loading pistol ammo, but it has worked great loading a bucketful of .223 for prairie dog hunting over the last two seasons. There are some tips out on the internet to re-program it for faster speeds, but do so with caution as once done it can't be reversed without sending back to RCBS for reprogramming. www.6mmbr.com has great directions for this from a website I trust.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Haven't had any luck wih them. Had two break. Computer part failed both time. The last time they charged me to fix it. Warrenty is only one year after that you are on your own.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    When loading pistol charges to maximum, where I'd normally throw powder and trickle to the desired weight, the Lyman 1200 DPS III really shines! When loading medium or light powder charges for pistol where I would just use a powder measure, the Lyman 1200 DPS III is not the tool I use.

crocket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    chargemaster COMBO

:patriot:i have had mine for 2 yrs.and it is the most important thing on my bench.well worth the money you will not be disapointed acurate fast and reliable.oh yeah it is an rcbs.............made right here in the good ole USA

Top Bottom