• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Better pics would help. Have you tried to look the SN up? It might be that what you have is original hardware that's been restored. Could be a later 1911 from Colt with an older slide to give it a USGI appearance.

bubbles118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Better pics would help. Have you tried to look the SN up? It might be that what you have is original hardware that's been restored. Could be a later 1911 from Colt with an older slide to give it a USGI appearance.
    That's what it appears to be. Is there anywhere I can get the slide authenticated? If it's from WWI or WWII I wouldn't want to shoot it much but if it's a later make I'd like to take it to the range.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The slide looks genuine, but it has certainly been refinished. I wouldn't worry about hurting the value by shooting it.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    from your pic the inspectors mark on the frame puts it between Sept 30 1914 to Jan 12 1918 Gilbert H Stewart was the inspector at the time.....i can't tell what year the slide as i would need better pics....

as far as shooting it keep them 800fps or under there was no heat treating of the frames or slides and you beat it up

and yes the frame is a real Colt

Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    The last numbers of the serial should be underneath the fp stop
    you will have to pull down the stop ,don't have to remove it .DON'T let it fly away

Oro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    The parts all look correct to that period, so it's likely all original besides the grips and refinish. That's a bonus. Can't say for certain without breaking it down some/more pics, but it looks good so far.

With early ones it's good to use a shock-buff if you shoot them, and make sure the spring is new-ish and not worn out. This will prevent frame or slide cracking (fingers crossed).

Top Bottom