Realtor.com goes woke, eliminates crime data overlay from their maps.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Watch, they'll strip out the neighborhood demographics and education information next because it's biased. I saw an article about a couple who claim their house was undervalued by $100k because they are black and when they had a white friend pose as the homeowner for another appraiser they got a higher appraisal. So no doubt that'll fuel claims of racist bias in revealing demographic information. Same could be extrapolated from school rankings so let's be sure to hide that info too.
    I think I read something about that...and the black couple was 'well-to-do' themselves, if I remember correctly??? Sad!
    We bought a new house last March, moved, and had our old house sold by the end of May, 2021...which was an awesome thing!
    I used my cousin's wife, who had been doing this for over 20 years and is a trustworthy individual...a key element in having a realtor!
    Jackie has helped many relatives move and is honest about the crime, the neighborhoods, the schools, etc.
    A month after we moved, her and her husband (my cousin) was able to buy a house a 1/3 mile away which put us in the same high school district...because her research for us led to the conclusion that their family was better served living in the same area we had chosen! I grew up in this area and knew what I was going back to vs continuing to live in the city! Having dad's farm right across the river, and having his Amish neighbors right close by, is awesome too!
    Moving out of the city and into the county, makes a huge difference for kid's development (aka, get outside and play more), quieter living, a more relaxed with less noise evening and weekend life, etc. We just thank God that he was able to help make all this work out!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fun. Still nothing indicates it's a 'government mandate' other than your general boogieman fears. Maybe your HOA told them to do it.
    How many companies forced vaccinations on their employees with just the threat of a mandate?

It can and does happen that way every day with our government and the subjects they rule. It can, in a case like this be communicated to industries by the cases the government regulators choose to go after and the interpretation they use. They also can just send letter to the association saying this is now how they are interpreting the regulation going forward. Just like the ATF sends letters to the FFL’s, if they don’t publicly object, it is not in the news.

None of this is going to be a splashy article for search engine cowboys it will be not be news unless the association, that’s already been noted is spineless, publicly objects. There are probably thousands of little regulatory things like this that are done every year and are how we get to the point that folks say when did they do that? Who wrote that law? When did they change the interpretation?

So let’s recap.

Crime data disappears from Realtors sites and they say they cannot discuss crime with clients.

This suggestion comes from their association legal counsel and ethics committees.

My point that the assoction got that from government regulators is preposterous because you cannot find an article about it on a search engine.

Therefore I am a conspiracy theorist?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Crime data disappears from Realtors sites and they say they cannot discuss crime with clients.

This suggestion comes from their association legal counsel and ethics committees.

My point that the assoction got that from government regulators is preposterous because you cannot find an article about it on a search engine.

Therefore I am a conspiracy theorist?

The suggestion came from a blog post from sumdood at Redfin and Realtor went with it as well, if you believe both Redfin and Realtor, and I've already posted it.

But, again, ok.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The suggestion came from a blog post from sumdood at Redfin and Realtor went with it as well, if you believe both Redfin and Realtor, and I've already posted it.

But, again, ok.
    Redfin is a Realtor, and Realtor.com is affiliated by contract.

Realtor is a trademark that is owned, no matter they sold the site (licensed their name out) the purchasor will still have to meet the standards the organization of that name requires.

It really is you that is the conspiracy theorist in this thread when you posted this.

“I'm just guessing, but I wonder if the certain group is "realtors" and the concern is that crime ridden properties are harder to sell. Harder to sell means longer waits for smaller commissions and more work to get it.”

When you accused realtors of unethical conduct without a shred of evidence then when presented with real world reasoning for how this crap gets done you call that a conspiracy theory…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Redfin is a Realtor, and Realtor.com is affiliated by contract.

Realtor is a trademark that is owned, no matter they sold the site (licensed their name out) the purchasor will still have to meet the standards the organization of that name requires.

It really is you that is the conspiracy theorist in this thread when you posted this.

“I'm just guessing, but I wonder if the certain group is "realtors" and the concern is that crime ridden properties are harder to sell. Harder to sell means longer waits for smaller commissions and more work to get it.”

When you accused realtors of unethical conduct without a shred of evidence then when presented with real world reasoning for how this crap gets done you call that a conspiracy theory…

Conspiracy theory is your term and I would not consider profit seeking to be unethical behavior. Realtor.com has no legal or ethical responsibility to tell me crime rates. Do you advertise a house with "great view, horrible school system, neighbor's a meth head"? No, of course not. So what's unethical about not providing crime data that you can easily access yourself in other places?

Yup. You convinced me. Profit concerns are meaningless to the organization but a regulator put a bug in their ear so they blogged about it and then said they were convinced by it to create a story as to why they made the change.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Conspiracy theory is your term and I would not consider profit seeking to be unethical behavior. Realtor.com has no legal or ethical responsibility to tell me crime rates. Do you advertise a house with "great view, horrible school system, neighbor's a meth head"? No, of course not. So what's unethical about not providing crime data that you can easily access yourself in other places?

Yup. You convinced me. Profit concerns are meaningless to the organization but a regulator put a bug in their ear so they blogged about it and then said they were convinced by it to create a story as to why they made the change.
    never mind I’m out on this…

Top Bottom