• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If they are affiliated with The Reason Foundation, they are also advocating for black boxes in all cars.

If that is the case, they are not real Libertarians.

Now careful. Those black boxes have the mrjarrell seal of approval.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ronald Bailey sounds like yet another establishment terrorist.

Hey lets force people to shoot up with a needle at gun point, even though that needle may contain things that could kill you, we're the government and you're just a statistic.

These people are absolutely insane. Looks like some political war games to attack libertarians to me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ronald Bailey is a statist shill that can't even fathom one libertarian argument against his demented forced drugging agenda.

So no, he can try and label himself whatever he wants but he is no friend of liberty.

Just call me Nostradamus! LOL.
    Have you heard? The Libertarians want to force you to buy insurance. "They are not Libertarians!"

Have you heard? The Libertarians want to raise taxes and spy on your car. "They are not Libertarians!"

Have you heard? The Libertarians want to force vaccines down your throat. "They are not Libertarians!"

Can just change the party's name to the They are not Libertarians Party?

If they are affiliated with The Reason Foundation, they are also advocating for black boxes in all cars.

If that is the case, they are not real Libertarians.

Without question I can see the future!:D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sounds to me like "Reason" magazine espouses anything but reason.

Come at me with a needle, against my will, and see how that works out for ya.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Now careful. Those black boxes have the mrjarrell seal of approval.
    Nope. Nice try, tho. All that's needed to "track" mileage is an odometer, and every car already has one of them.

As for the Reason article, I see his point. Don't agree with him, (this is an op/ed piece and not, as far as I can see a Reason platform), but I see his point. What recourse do I have when one of the infected zombies offspring infect one of my kids with a preventable disease? None. I probably can't even sue them, 'cause they'll rest on their belief in the supernatural and shoot for protected status. Guess I could pop them, but then I'd go to jail. The unvaccinated pose a threat and the rest of us have no recourse.
    I don't agree that vaccination should be mandatory, but only a fool refuses to accept the fact that vaccines work. Hell, they are responsible for a rise in the median IQ of the American populace, because kids aren't spending their healthy growing years fighting childhood disease. Parents don't have to have massive vaccinations all at once. Shoot, I spread my kids out and the doctors didn't even say boo. They've managed to avoid illnesses that were reasonably commonplace when I was a kid. Thank goodness. Before too long there will be more outbreaks and eventually vaccinations WILL become mandatory. That's just the way government works.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you read the article, I think you would see the OP article's conclusion is unfounded. I think it's a stretch to take an article that says avoiding vaccines is irresponsible, and interpret that it says mandatory vaccines should be required.

I see you are brand new to INGO. First, welcome to INGO. Second, if you do not believe in banning vaccinations then you believe in forcing them on others.

Enjoy your time at INGO.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Have you heard? The Libertarians want to force you to buy insurance. "They are not Libertarians!"

Have you heard? The Libertarians want to raise taxes and spy on your car. "They are not Libertarians!"

Have you heard? The Libertarians want to force vaccines down your throat. "They are not Libertarians!"

As best I can tell, is it would be a party of one. If this site is any indication, to any other libertarian no other person is libertarian enough to be a libertarian.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The diagnosis of Autism has been expanded continuously over the past 20 years. This accounts for much of the increase in Autism diagnosis. However, you should have a choice to go without vaccinations and put your child at risk to contract measles or polio. It is (was) a free country.
    Yes, it's important to remember a few tidbits in medical diagnoses. One, autism isn't defined by the cause, but by the symptoms. So anything with neurological symptoms resembling the subset of autism's symptoms with no known cause will likely be labeled autism as a default diagnosis if nothing else can be identified. Second, what was once simple "mental retardation," "developmental disabilities," or "neurological impairment" is now ushered under the umbrella of autism. I have a 60y/o uncle with moderate-to-sever developmental disability. There's a good chance had he been born 40 years later he would be diagnosed on the Spectrum.

Same thing with thyroid cancer. Rates appear to be increasing, but analysis is showing that the actual incidence isn't increasing. It's just a matter of people seeking treatment for ailments that are later identified as associated with the cancer.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Is that like the RINO acronym I see everywhere?

Anyway, I am not a party shill so I really don't see what your trolling-angle is here. I think blind allegiance to any party is whack. I don't care what you call the LP, or the RP, or the DP.

Without question I can see the future!:D

Did you expect I would call that guy anything but a statist?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The actual article:

Refusing Vaccination Puts Others At Risk - Reason.com

If you read the article, I think you would see the OP article's conclusion is unfounded. I think it's a stretch to take an article that says avoiding vaccines is irresponsible, and interpret that it says forced vaccination should be required.

I see you are brand new to INGO. First, welcome to INGO. Second, if you do not believe in banning vaccinations then you believe in forcing them on others.

Enjoy your time at INGO.

I would love to actually discuss the OP. Let's analyze what "coercive vaccination" means then.

Coercion /koʊˈɜrʃən/ is the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner by use of intimidation or threats or some other form of pressure or force, and describes a set of various different similar types of forceful actions that violate the free will of an individual to induce a desired response. These actions can include, but are not limited to, extortion, blackmail, torture, and threats to induce favors. In law, coercion is codified as a duress crime. Such actions are used as leverage, to force the victim to act in a way contrary to their own interests. Coercion may involve the actual infliction of physical pain/injury or psychological harm in order to enhance the credibility of a threat. The threat of further harm may lead to the cooperation or obedience of the person being coerced.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    There is a lot of disinformation out there, but the autism rates are correct. Those rates have changed a lot of opinions. If they don't get your attention, what will?

New Published Study Verifies Andrew Wakefield?s Research on Autism ? Again (MMR Vaccine Causes Autism) | The Liberty Beacon

When I was a child parents would allow their children to get the measles. I don't know of anyone suffering any permanent damage from the measles, but I know people, especially military families, that have children with autism. Military families get more immunizations than most folks. I got so many at one time that I could taste the chemicals when they got done. I do believe that children are weaker now than in the past 50 years. Starting off more than half the children with baby formula containing corn syrup and soy as the main ingredient, is part of the problem. Most of their diets don't improve after that.

It is hard to blame the immunizations themselves, there are other likely causes.

ACETAMINOPHEN AND ITS POSSIBLE CONNECTION TO THE RISE IN AUTISM | A Ventography!

Hanno Kirk: New link to autism epidemic  - Op-Ed Commentaries - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

The acetaminophen link was very interesting. Particularly the tidbits in comparing the rate of autism diagnosis in the U.S. with that of Cuba and the vax histories of both countries. Very hard to blame the vaxing based on that data. (Though, I always thought that if vaxing were linked, we'd have even higher autism diagnoses simply due to the number of vaxes administered every year.) I will add that I think "autism" has multiple causes. I have read of some highly correlative links between a component in the MMR vax (the one exception to the "blame the vaxes" I will concede), fungal infections, and gastrologic (is that a word?) conditions, namely that a very specific set of circumstances triggered by the MMR vax in mom during pregnancy or babe after birth sets off a cascade of events. Treatment with an anti-fungal and dietary modifications (exclusion of gluten and casein being the most common) actually reversed autistic symptoms in several children. But the fact that these efforts don't produce similar results in other kids on the Spectrum is why I think there are multiple causes.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The actual article:

Refusing Vaccination Puts Others At Risk - Reason.com

If you read the article, I think you would see the OP article's conclusion is unfounded. I think it's a stretch to take an article that says avoiding vaccines is irresponsible, and interpret that it says forced vaccination should be required.

You're right, he said nothing about forced vaccination, and merely criticized refusals as free-riding. The article posted by the OP misrepresented what the writer actually said and the OP swallowed it whole and regurgitated it here. Not well done at all.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You're right, he said nothing about forced vaccination, and merely criticized refusals as free-riding. The article posted by the OP misrepresented what the writer actually said and the OP swallowed it whole and regurgitated it here. Not well done at all.

Did you guys read the article?

I'll give you a hint. Start at the headline, and then go one line down.

[h=1]Refusing Vaccination Puts Others At Risk[/h]A pragmatic argument for coercive vaccination
    Ronald Bailey | December 6, 2013

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, that would be shocking...

Top Bottom