• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I want a 22LR handgun just for plinking. Looking for something fairly cheap but not junk and it seems like most of the not too expensive pistols have mixed reviews so I am leaning towards a revolver.

What are some good options?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Used High Standard Sentinel, used Ruger Bearcat or Single Six....If you get into the Smith and Wessons you are getting into the $500 plus range...H & R also made some solid reliable .22 revolvers that are still priced reasonably...I have got a High Standard Sentinel here in the shop for under $200 and it will be gone (probably) by the end of the day....22 Revolvers tend to go fast.....Folks love them...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I want a 22LR handgun just for plinking. Looking for something fairly cheap but not junk and it seems like most of the not too expensive pistols have mixed reviews so I am leaning towards a revolver.

What are some good options?

You are looking for the .22 revolver at a good time. Have seen a lot of .22 back in stock with a little higher prices, so stock up.

mattyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Another vote for looking for a pre owend Ruger Single Six. They just have character and always a good market for them should you change your mind later.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    You are looking for the .22 revolver at a good time. Have seen a lot of .22 back in stock with a little higher prices, so stock up.

I actually have a little stockpile of 22 now. I was lucky enough to get two bricks of Thunderbolts at WM for $20 each a few weeks ago. That along with some other that I had makes me want to get a handgun since all I have now are rifles.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I have a S&W 617 that is awesome, but definitely wasn't cheap. I love revolvers, but not a single action fan. I also found, after I paid big money for my 617, that there are various Taurus and Rossi models out there, and that speed loaders are available for them also. There are a variety of options, but you will have to search a bit deeper than just looking at whats on the gunshot shelf. Best of luck. If you ever get up my direction, you are welcome to try my 617, they don't go cheap, but when you shoot it, you will see the value.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Another vote for looking for a pre owend Ruger Single Six. They just have character and always a good market for them should you change your mind later.

How do you feel about the single 9s and 10s. I shot a H&R 9 shot that was very nice one time and it was nice to get 9 shots between reloads.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I picked up a 4 inch Taurus 9 shot revolver in a trade last year. Trigger is a little heavy but after 1,000 rounds, no problems. I had planned on using it in another trade but I think I'm going to hang on to it. Fun gun to shoot.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I have the smith 617 and a Taurus 94. Both are fun guns to plink with. The smith has a much better double action trigger but there is not much difference in single action. The Taurus is much lighter and easier to pack.
    I'm not to far from you and you would be welcome to try them out if you would like to see the differences.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I purchased a Rossi 22lr - eight shot revolver when they first came out, I think about two years ago. I have a least 3200 rounds through it, with NO problems except
    a couple which were definitely ammo related. The trigger in double action, was hard when I first got it. It now is very smooth, and easy to keep your point of aim.
    If someone would have told me that a Rossi would be on my list of guns I would never sell, I would have told them they were crazy.
    I think I paid $333 plus tax for it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I also have a 9-shot H&R that I bought for under $200 at a 1500 a couple of years ago. It is my only revolver (wanted one in the collection), but it has been very reliable and has become one of my favorites.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Heritage Rough Rider
    Great little gun without a bunch of bells and whistles, and just at $200 for 2 calibers (.22Lr/.22WMR)

Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR / .22 Mag Revolver NEW : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

^^^^^^ This. I have not fired one but was impressed with how it felt compared to my Ruger Single Six. For the price point I don't think you can beat it. IMHO a single action 22 is one of the best guns for introducing others to shooting. How can you go wrong? New for a $180 bucks and even on the Make Offer list.

Heritage RR22MB6 Rough Rider 6RD 22LR/22MAG 6.5" Blued $180.00 SHIPS FREE

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I actually have a little stockpile of 22 now. I was lucky enough to get two bricks of Thunderbolts at WM for $20 each a few weeks ago. That along with some other that I had makes me want to get a handgun since all I have now are rifles.

Once you get the pistol / revolver bug. It effects you for life. Just ask Snapdragon about her ever growing collection of revolvers.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have a stainless single six with six inch barrel. very accurate and a blast to shoot. It make the ammo last longer when you have to load and eject the cylinder.

Top Bottom