• ...and so much more!
  • Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Heritage Rough Rider
    Great little gun without a bunch of bells and whistles, and just at $200 for 2 calibers (.22Lr/.22WMR)

Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR / .22 Mag Revolver NEW : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Another vote for this one. I had one for a while until a friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse. It's a pretty nice little gun. I was impressed with the accuracy I was getting out of it as well. Trigger is decent. Having the .22WMR cylinder was really nice during the ammo shortage, since that's about all I could find locally.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I have a Taurus model 94 and really like it. Fun and accurate for plinking. As others have said, DA trigger is a little heavy but when I'm plinking I rarely use it anyway. SA trigger seems very light and crisp to me. I'm very happy with this revolver for right around $300.

I would like to try out one of Heritage RR sometime too. It would be a plus having both cylinders and I've never owned a SAO

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I bought a ruger single ten earlier this year, love the gun, great sights, my great great grandkids will still be shooting this one!

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I found this at what seems to be a good price but I am confused by the two tone. Is this a factory finish or has it been altered?

singlesix.JPG

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Most accurate .22 or .22mag revolver made for the price. I have had all the others. They dont compare. CzechPoint USA. The .357 is the most accurate gun I have ever shot and I have shot or owned all the "name" brands.

Czechpoint USA.com

Oh yea, only $298

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have many .22 handguns, mostly S&Ws, Rugers, and High Standards, but I agree for the money get a Heritage Rough Rider. You can find them used for $125-150. They shoot great.

Dave

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I've looked at those heritage rough riders several times but was always afraid they were a pile of junk. Nice to see them get some love on here. Might have to pick one up next time i see one.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I have a heritage rough rider. Got it with both cylinders on sale for 160. It's been a fun gun. Actually my first revolver I've owned. I use it for a turtling/trapping gun. Never knew how loud a 22 mags was until I shot it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Stop by Parabellum if you are in the area. I know they had a couple of Taurus Stainless Tracker 990s with 6" barrels that they wanted to move.. If not I'm sure they have one on the rental wall they would sell..

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I've looked at those heritage rough riders several times but was always afraid they were a pile of junk. Nice to see them get some love on here. Might have to pick one up next time i see one.

Alot of the people knocking it complain about accuracy. Mout are the blade style sight and people just dont know how to adjust it i guess even though it's in the owners manual. They do have some version with an upgraded sight. Another thing is they compare them to a ruger single six. You can't compare a cheap gun to a ruger it's not fair. I can't justify spending that much on a .22 revolver which is why I went with the heritage and have had no regrets.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a couple old H&Rs I picked up cheap, like <100$ and they all shoot great! Tiny little framed 9 shot (model 922?) And a larger framed 5 shot with a nice big wooden grip. I'm always on the hunt for those things!
    My dad has a heritage and he hasn't shot it yet, but it feels good and it was cheap from rural king one day. 150ish?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Heritage Rough Rider
    Great little gun without a bunch of bells and whistles, and just at $200 for 2 calibers (.22Lr/.22WMR)

Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR / .22 Mag Revolver NEW : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

:+1:

I have one of these and use it for exactly what you want to use yours for. Plinking tin cans is a lot of fun with this little revolver. They can be bought for less than $200 if you shop around. I paid $159 for mine less than 6 years ago and have seen them for around $189 fairly recently.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    i have an h&r 999 9-shot revolver. great reliable and accurate gun...just has a nasty crack using .22LR

I too have an H&R Model 999. It shoots well and in my opinion is pleasing to the eye. What does "just has a nasty crack using .22LR"
    mean ? Are you referring to the loudness of the report when fired ? If so, I don't think mine is any louder than other pistols using the same ammunition.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I appreciate everyone's input. I actually went out and looked today and held both the heritage and a single six. The Ruger is more refined, but the Heritage is not junky at all.

The shop I was at only had the Heritage in an ugly tri-tone grip so that was out. They had a used single six 5 5/8 (?) blued that looked very nice that they were asking $375 for. I also got a lead on a 4 1/5 blued single six for $290 that I want to check out tomorrow.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I found this at what seems to be a good price but I am confused by the two tone. Is this a factory finish or has it been altered?

View attachment 33573

Not a factory option....The frame and ejector rod housing are made of aluminum and after they get a little hinky guys (and gals I suppose) often polish them out to make a "Po' Boy (girl) Pinto gun"...I have had a .357 magnum here in the shop as well as a single six done up like that and they sold for what one normally would...Only in the case of a nice vintage three screw would the polishing of the aluminum affect value....

Top Bottom