• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    Well, Im not going to get to much into why I was pulled over, but I was driving to slow. Ok, first I want to say that my brother got pulled over along with myself at the same time.( My brother in law got pulled over about three miles up the road right before us.)Four police cars pulled over my car and my brothers car coming home from a funeral, and i think that was a little much for the situation. The leo who pulled me over was very rude to me when asking for my licence and registration and proof of insurance. I gave him what i had and sat back with my wife and waited. I hadnt registered my car because i just bought it this was the first thing they were not happy about. Then i was asked to get out of the car(I had not at this point told them that i had my glock cc on my side.I normaly oc but I had been at a funeral and didnt feel it appropriate.) I got out put my hands up and said I want to tell you that i have a gun. I was told to turn around and keep my hands up. The leo asked where it was at i said on my right hip. He took it unloaded it put the mag in my car and told me to get back in. he than ran the numbers and took apart my gun. I told him i had my ltch and asked if he wanted to see it and he said no he believed me. The glock is a police trade in so he asked where i got it and i told him the story of me buying it.....long story short no ticket and just a lot of time waisted....the leo in charge was much nicer than the original one who pulled me over....i was annoyed that an hour and a half of my time was waisted and that my gun was taken apart but overal felt that if i was respectful things would go well and they went ok

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Was there a reason that the traffic stop took an hour and a half? Did they ask you other questions? Did they do field sobriety? I guess I don't understand how a traffic stop and a check of a firearm took an hour and a half, especially since they didn't bother to go through the trouble of checking the LTCH. Did they explain why it was taking so long?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Might want to bring up your treatment to his superiors. I normally try to stay out of these discussions but there is no call for them to disassemble your property.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    As others have stated, 1.5 hours? I could have sideswiped three nuns in a crosswalk and still wouldn't be on the side of the road for 90 minutes. :D

Maybe you meant 1/2 an hour or 30 minutes...but even then, that seems excessive for your story.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    It's against the law to drive slower than 15 mph below speed limit. Is that why you were pulled over?

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    like i said my brother got pulled over at the exact same time i assume that made it take longer....they said we were causing a nuisance because we were driving to slow ....my car was being a pain and i was not trying to push it but i was doing 40-45.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    like i said my brother got pulled over at the exact same time i assume that made it take longer....they said we were causing a nuisance because we were driving to slow ....my car was being a pain and i was not trying to push it but i was doing 40-45.

Did they say anything else though, or ask any other questions? A standard traffic stop should take approximately 10 minutes at most. Even with a second vehicle, an hour and a half is unbelievable. Again, there had to be something else to it, did they happen to mention anything?

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    well i had to explain my car because i had recently got it and still had the title and a bill of sale...there was no amount in the sell amount because i traded for it and wasnt sure what to put .....i had to explain this throughly and explain the gun throughly because it was a police trade in and the didnt seem to believe me about how i got it....it looked as if they ran my info and the info for my stuff several times....beside that not a lot of other questions just a lot of sitting

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Unless there is more to the story, (and I'm thinking maybe there is), this is absolutely unacceptable! Four cars? An hour and a half? Disassembled property? If I was not breaking any laws, and minding my own beeswax, I'd be raising nine kinds of hell!

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    Unless there is more to the story, (and I'm thinking maybe there is), this is absolutely unacceptable! Four cars? An hour and a half? Disassembled property? If I was not breaking any laws, and minding my own beeswax, I'd be raising nine kinds of hell!

like i said i was doing 40-45 and so was my brother to make sure i got the car home apparently this pissed off someone behind us because they called the police

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    like i said i was doing 40-45 and so was my brother to make sure i got the car home apparently this pissed off someone behind us because they called the police

Did you have your 4 way flashers on? I've never known the police to pull anyone over who was legitimately having car trouble and driving slowly, as long as the 4 way flashers were on. Tip for next time, I suppose.

Top Bottom