• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Now then, who wants to hear how these loads performed? I don't have a chronograph, and I was limited to shooting at an 8" round target at 25 yards. All loads fed, fired, and ejected flawlessly. Test gun was my M&P Shield.

4.0gr was obviously the lightest recoil, and almost definitely subsonic. 3 of the 5 shots on paper, no real grouping.

4.2gr was a little louder, but the recoil was about the same. Only 2 hits on paper, but I've got a feeling that was my fault.

4.5gr was probably the best mix of accuracy and recoil, and recoil was lighter than WWB factory loads. All 4 of 5 on target, and 3 of the 5 spent cases landed IN my bucket, on the other side of the station, 6 feet away!

4.7gr was obviously the hottest of the bunch, but it wasn't unmanageable. 3 of 5 on paper, no obvious grouping.

Good stuff!

Have you decided on which load you're going with? I like the idea of staying at least a couple tenths under max with a pistol load. If you're putting them together on a turret or progressive press, the charge can be a little high w/o getting you into trouble. :)

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Good stuff!

Have you decided on which load you're going with? I like the idea of staying at least a couple tenths under max with a pistol load. If you're putting them together on a turret or progressive press, the charge can be a little high w/o getting you into trouble. :)

I'm undecided as of yet, but I really liked 4.2 and 4.5. I really liked the light recoil of 4.2, but I want to be sure they'll have enough wallop to cycle in pistols with a larger slide/heavier spring.

I need more pistols to take with me on test runs. :D

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm undecided as of yet, but I really liked 4.2 and 4.5. I really liked the light recoil of 4.2, but I want to be sure they'll have enough wallop to cycle in pistols with a larger slide/heavier spring.

I need more pistols to take with me on test runs. :D

Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a 9mm carbine and at least 1 or 2 other pistols. :ingo:

pool67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Homecroft
    Good Load

I have loaded a couple hundred of the berrys 124 gr. hp with unique at 4.5 grain and OAL 1.135 and they are very accurate out of my ruger SR9 and my beretta 92fs. I use a very light crimp.

Top Bottom