Recommend me a backpack that's not a piece of CRAP!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    T.A.D. FAST lighspeed or EDC bag. I just got my lightspeed in the mail and it is SWEET! Made in the USA with a warranty top notch materials and worksmanship. But with all nice things it comes with a price tag of $240.
    FAST Pack Litespeed

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    5.11 Rush 24 or 72. I use a 24 for hauling my junk back and forth to work now for over a year. Pretty close to 15/18 lbs of junk in it, has not let me down once. Shop around online on some of the forums, can be had dirt cheap, some of them new with the tags still on them.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My Ogio is holding up well, but I only use it as a take-to-work commuter bag, laptop and associated sundries.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm surprised that CamelBak only got one recommendation. Between my 39 year military career and a dozen years in Urban Search & Rescue, as well as recreational camping, I've used everything from the ALICE small pack, to the ALICE Large pack, the Marine Corps assault pack, the current issue Army Assault and regular packs, several civilian packs ranging from cheap to expensive, to computer bags of various sizes. I've owned one Maxpedition FatBoy and do own a Maxpedition range bag that I used as a briefcase/computer case during a couple deployments, but I discovered I don't like the sling-carry style of bag. Somehow, I always end up carrying the CamelBak. Started out with a MotherLode, went to a Raptor, then to a BMF - which is my current BOB - again. I also carry my computer in a CamelBak Urban Assault bag (a secondary BOB). The bags are well-made for their price and do everything I expect an assault bag to do. You can buy the Army and Marine assault bags much cheaper - and I certainly recommend them for toughness (I think I like the Army assault bag better) and you can't beat the prices of the surplus stuff available.

For you guys who are young enough and brash enough to plan to carry your bug-out stuff - and your wife & kiddies' stuff as well, the Marine Corps or Army Field packs can work well for those 50-pound-and-over loads, although they are certainly too big for EDC bags. For the rest, when you go to buy a bag - any bag - take a look inside the pack and notice whether or not the seams are finished; whether or not they are double-stitched; how well the attachment points for shoulder straps and tensioning straps are connected to the main body of the pack. Attention to detail is noticeable in expensive packs and may be lacking in cheap commercial packs, although MILSPEC packs, while relatively inexpensive even when new (because they are mass-produced under government contract) will generally display the same attention to detail as more expensive commercial offerings.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Another vote for camelbak.

For the price you pay for maxpedition stuff, you can bide your time and catch a one of camelbak military models on sale. Much better packs, and less spendy than going whole hog on a kifaru.

Several years ago, i scored a close out on the 'mother load' model military pack. Think i paid $70 for it in od green

Blanquito82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    UK
    Have you tried Maxpedition? I have several of their pieces and they are solid.

I'll second Maxpedition. Never used one of their packs but everything else is built solid. If you're ok spending some coin I ran a Kifaru Marauder through 2 deployments with a very chewy belgian malinois. Not a single problem. Highly recommend!

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I have the Army version of the MOJO known as the Combat Lifesaver Pack. It's for sale BTW. :)
    CLS3_zps8d3402d5.jpg

CLS4_zps57ee6504.jpg

Mine is a little different. It's multicam like yours but my zippers have red pull tabs and are all mesh. Does your have the litter bags on the sides and the smaller front pack that is zippered on. Curious to know what you are selling it for. Just want to know the general value of it.

Here is some info on the pack for those that are interested.
    [video=youtube;xWqM2s7qqvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWqM2s7qqvE[/video]

Last edited:

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    I didn't read the whole thread but I've been very, very happy with my Eberlestock pack. Carries a rifle well and of the highest quality. I've packed out 120lbs of elk in mine. Collapses down to the size of a nice daypack against the back, or opens out into a cargo pack to haul game out or carry a camp (Dragonfly model).

Top Bottom