• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am leaning toward getting a traditional type scope. I see that most companies have an official "rimfire" model having to do with the parallax settings. Several sites I looked at said the Leupold VX-Freedom was the best buy for this. Thoughts?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am going to guess that most of my shooting would be 60 yards or less. Might I try it at 100 yards if I find it surprisingly accurate at 50-60? Maybe.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have a Bushnell Rimfire Riflescope Drop Zone 22 BDC. It is adequate. I kind of wish I had purchased the illuminated version, but to be honest it would just be another battery to replace. Purchase was based on price more than performance.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'll go farther and say that if it's a conversion .22 - then you'll probably want a different product than a dedicated actual .22LR barreled AR-pattern rifle.

If a conversion bolt - then probably a RDS is fine.

If a dedicated gun - then you can work on a scope that'll meet the goals of the mission. For 100 yards max... the 3x-9x scope world is your playground. Even an inexpensive Simmons .22Mag scope would work pretty well.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I run Simmons pro target scopes on me and the daughters 10/22s. Good value for the money. Glass is ok. Has target turrets. Can get in 3x9 and 4×12. They have some other magnification options as well

Been using them for years now and I have no complaints

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I am leaning toward getting a traditional type scope. I see that most companies have an official "rimfire" model having to do with the parallax settings. Several sites I looked at said the Leupold VX-Freedom was the best buy for this. Thoughts?
    If it's for your new HK, I personally would agree with the Leopold VX-Freedom but I would go with the 4-12×40 over the 3-9. Only reason being is the extra little bit of magnification helps with older eyes and the Tri-moa reticle is nice for spotting and precision work between 50-200yds very comfortably. Another couple +'s are that it's an American company and has Leopold warranty.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have an old Vortex Viper 1-4 on mine and like it al lot. I think the reticle works really well for rimfire. They've since been rebadged as the Ranger and are pretty inexpensive.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just my gut feeling, gotta go with bc‘s @bcannon point o view. But my newest 22 RF rifle is a 10-22 I bought 30 years ago for squirrels. I’ve got old eyes so I can relate.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I run a Vortex 2-7× Rimfire on my 10/22 it's good for hunting and plunking.
    If you want to shoot tiny groups you might want to go upto 12+ power scope with AO feature.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Just providing an update. I got the Leupold. it is a 2-7x33 rimfire.
    I got a base with rings and mounted it last night. Just need to get it sighted in now.

View attachment 315515
    Nice! Hope you have a deep stash of 22LR, because a 22LR AR is just to much fun to stop. Mine manages to burn through more ammo than planned on nearly every range trip.

Top Bottom