• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Vortex makes some good optics too. I have a Sparc & Sparc II that I bought from A&A Optics (since you posted in his subforum) and have been very happy with it. I have one on a 9mm AR and the other is on my .300 BLK AR.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For the 300 dollar price range I would recommend the Aimpoint Pro. I do not carry them, but you can find them for 300 dollars give or take.

As for a recommendation from my inventory, I would steer you towards the Sparc 2 for 199. The Aimpoint will have better battery life, and durability, but the Sparc will be more than enough for 99% of shooters.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    First choice, something from 42769vette. He has great prices and doles out a lot of helpful info here.

If you want to go the Aimpoint route. PSA is running a special with an Aimpoint ACO, 10 Pmags and some backup sights for $399.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I appreciate everyone's input. I'm going to go with the Sparc II from A&A. I may well go with something different on my next build. Thanks again!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Primary Arms advanced microdot can be had for $169 shipped. The PA mount is $30 shipped.

the adv md has a 50,000 hr battery life and the torture tests on YouTube are pretty impressive.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Here it is mounted up. Thanks Alan!

That Sparc AR looks really good on your rifle and your rifle looks good as well (Especially the Ingo lower). However, I'm going to give you some friendly advice. It is best to have the Red Dot mounted to the upper receiver itself, not the handguard, even though your handguard might be solid as a rock. See the picture below with the area circled in red, that's where you want to mount that guy. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or embarrass you, just thought I would offer some free helpful advice (and thought someone would appreciate it, lord knows my wife doesn't :)).

attachment.php

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That Sparc AR looks really good on your rifle and your rifle looks good as well (Especially the Ingo lower). However, I'm going to give you some friendly advice. It is best to have the Red Dot mounted to the upper receiver itself, not the handguard, even though your handguard might be solid as a rock. See the picture below with the area circled in red, that's where you want to mount that guy. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or embarrass you, just thought I would offer some free helpful advice (and thought someone would appreciate it, lord knows my wife doesn't :)).

attachment.php

This. The only time optics can be mounted on the handguard is on monolithic uppers where the upper and handguard are 1 peice of material

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Thanks for the advice! I'll get it moved back pronto. I'm a noob to these, and must've mis-read or mis-interpreted the instructions. (Go ahead and flog me.)

Top Bottom