• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Got a new ruger 22/45 a couple of weeks ago and just got a new red dot to put on it. I don't really know where on the rail to mount it. The scope is very small so theres plenty of room. was hoping someone could help me with this and give any other info I might need, because I not sure if I really like it now that I have it.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Got a new ruger 22/45 a couple of weeks ago and just got a new red dot to put on it. I don't really know where on the rail to mount it. The scope is very small so theres plenty of room. was hoping someone could help me with this and give any other info I might need, because I not sure if I really like it now that I have it.

It doesn't really matter. I just put mine where it seems like it looks best. the 2 inches difference in either direction isn't going to affect your POI in any way.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Pretty much what they said. I put mine as close to the center of the rail as possible, but I recommend that you try any spot, see how it balances for you and play around with it until it is most comfortable. Location won't affect the function of the gun at all.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Kinda funny! I just had my new 22/45 out yesterday and tried to see how my TruGlo sight would fit. I plan to shoot it first without the site to get used to it but then I want to mount the TruGlo. To me, I like how it sits further back on the rail - just above the ejection port. The only concern I had was if it might interfere with spent cases as they flew out. I plan to try that location first to see how it works since I felt it balanced and looked better back there (near rear sight.)
    ---
    GB!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As it is a red dot it should not be magnified, so there should be no eye relief concern and no parallax, so I'd think you could mount it whereever it looks right/feels best to you, but I'm fairly new to red dot sights myself, having just picked one up for one of my rifles.

Top Bottom