• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I've used the Cmore for years and like them, only downside is that they don't have click adjustments. They have windage and elevation knobs that you adjust til they meet point of impact, but no repeatable clicks like a scope has. I prefer Cmores over Burris fastfire, Jpoints and other micro red dots, but it's really down to personal preference.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    This is what I used this year.
    imagejpg1.jpg

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Installed the C-More Railway tonight (after removing the included C-More rail) and Taccom 90 degree mount (after removing the existing rail on the Ruger 22/45 Mark III).

Now I need to go sight it in so it will be ready to shoot some steel. :):

The Taccom mount puts the optical about as low to the barrel as possible. It is much closer to the barrel than any other red dot I have seen. :yesway:

The C-More has a very clear red dot and the glass appears to be of good quality. :yesway:

The plastic/polymer of the C-More is pretty sad looking. :noway: The shabbiest firearms related items I have ever bought were a cheap bore light for < $5 (it wasn't worth it) and a yellow plastic teardrop-shaped high-capacity magazine for the Ruger 10/22 (never could get it to chamber more than 15 rounds before failing). The C-More looks cheaper and shabbier than either of those purchases. I know the C-More is a good product, is widely used in competition and I expect it to perform well for the intended purpose but it looks cheap. There was excess loose flashing that I had to pull off, there are numerous mold lines, pits and imperfections, the serial number looks like it was hand-scribed by someone with delirium tremors, the diode cover is a different color than the rest of the plastic (greyish instead of black) and the plastic is dull in some places and shinier in others (overall mottled finish instead of uniform matte black).

I have seen so many used effectively that I am confident it will perform the job but I would have paid another $25 for a decent molded part. It works but the poor mold job decreases the "pride in ownership". I also wish the brightness knob had a positive "click" in the "Off" position instead of just turning it until it wouldn't turn any more and then looking at the diode hole to make sure it was "Off". Using the same size fasteners throughout for a little parts/tools commonality would also seem like a good design change. Overall it looks like it was produced in someone's garage instead of being an engineered product intended for retail sale.

Top Bottom