Red dot with illuminated reticle instead of prism?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmcman355

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Are there any of the reflex or red dot sized optics that have an illuminated reticle dot instead of the prism or holograph style? I apparently have an astigmatism and every red dot I've tried shows up as a starburst. I have found the vortex crossfire ii 1-4 to be a suitable replacement and will go back to it if needed but would love to find an optic with a smaller footprint that i can still use effectively

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    I think rural king has the holosun. If you have a rural king. Don't go by the website. Their website doesn't translate to what they actually have in store.

gmcman355

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I do have a rural king. Ill swing by and check that out. Holosun dealer locator doesnt want to work for me and all the meprolight ones seem to be on the east coast. Just would like to actually look through one before buying. I was sorely disappointed and out more than couple bucks after buying an eotech and learning it wasnt just the cheap red dots id used before

$pending2Much$

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Greenwood
    Are there any of the reflex or red dot sized optics that have an illuminated reticle dot instead of the prism or holograph style? I apparently have an astigmatism and every red dot I've tried shows up as a starburst. I have found the vortex crossfire ii 1-4 to be a suitable replacement and will go back to it if needed but would love to find an optic with a smaller footprint that i can still use effectively
    My Romeo zero is great when I have it on the lowest setting. No star cluster.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'd go with a prism 1x scope if I had an astigmatism. One awesome thing about them is that they have an etched reticle, so they work without power. You can turn it on for illumination, depending on your lighting, but it's not absolutely necessary. Makes backup iron sights sort of obsolete, IMO.

Buy it from Amazon. They have them for $269.99 right now. If you don't like it, returns are generally free and easy.

gmcman355

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    That primary arms looks promising. Based on the success Ive had with the vortex that seems like the same basic principle in the size im after. Looking to drop one on a ar9 that wouldn"t need magnified anyway. If i wanted to put one on a 5.56 any chance it works with a magnifier also?

gmcman355

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I did get a chance to look through a new eotech with the 65moa reticle in green and it was a big improvement but still fuzzier than id like. Guess thats a good thing for my wallet

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That primary arms looks promising. Based on the success Ive had with the vortex that seems like the same basic principle in the size im after. Looking to drop one on a ar9 that wouldn"t need magnified anyway. If i wanted to put one on a 5.56 any chance it works with a magnifier also?
    No idea about using a separate magnifier. I have a Primary Arms 2.5x X 32 prism scope on one of my ARs that I like really well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I use these on a few lightweight builds. May be helpful: https://www.primaryarms.com/primary...rodot-gen-2-autolive-acss-cqb-red-dot-reticle

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom