• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeanSports

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Columbus
    I am wondering if any of you have ever messed around with gas tube. I dont mean pigtail gas tubes for pistols.

I am wanting to splice in an additional gas tube to the existing to take some of the pressure and utilize it elsewhere fo ran idea that I have.

What route would you guys take to get this done, or do you think it is possible.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    An AR gas tube? I've never even considered doing such a thing, but I suppose I would modify the gas block to allow the second line. I'm sure you would also need to substantially enlarge the gas port as well. What are you going to try to run with the line?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The gas system is designed with the right about of pressure to force the bolt back hard enough to eject a round and yet not break the buffer tube with to much force. Too little pressure, or to much pressure screws things up. I truthfully see it as a bad ideal to try to redirect any of the gas system pressure. I'm not saying it can't be done, just not done in a easy way. And I can see it being dangerous.

JMHO.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    you may be able to add a port in the bottom of the barrel and use a clamp on style gas block with two upper parts to direct the gas in the same direction. My guess is that you'll want both gas ports in the barrel at roughly the same distance from the chamber or you'll get a big pressure drop on the first one once the bullet passes the second port.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I am still trying to figure out what you are doing with your extra gas? I think a can of Fix a Flat is cheaper than the 2,000 for rounds it would take to fill the flat? My other thought is you have been watching a TON of Red Green and have something AWESOME in mind in witch case I can't wait to see it!!!!!

Top Bottom