• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Glad you could get this going again. I got word today that I will be able to make the Trauma[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]class on the 14th. PM sent. Looking forward to the class.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    medic, are you still making some of the GSW kits? or could you help me compile a list and direct me to a place to get supplies? i like having EVERYTHING in my car... lol :):

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I know he was working on that, I'll be sure that at least a list stays in, so you'll have that. I would not go rushing out and buying a bunch of stuff til we get done with the class. There's a lot of good stuff out there, then there is a lot of unnecessary stuff in store bought kits, they are expensive, and you'll never use or need advanced training to use some of the equipment.

Best thing to bring is an open mind and a willingness to learn.

Oh, I would not wear good clothes, I have a feeling things could get "messy":rockwoot:

We'll go over a lot, using store bought stuff, and regular, stuff by that I mean anything, magazines (the kind you read), sticks, I controlled more hemorrhaging with my hand than with a lot of other items, until we could get the bleeding stopped and wounds dressed.

SpiralTragedy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Cool. I had another thought. Could it be possible to work in a brief discussion on the storage of medication, maybe 15 minutes or so.. I know a few people who store aspirin, allergy medication, antibiotics in survival kits and keep the kits in their cars. I don't think you can safely do that can you? Does it make a difference if its in liquid, gel or pill form?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Cool. I had another thought. Could it be possible to work in a brief discussion on the storage of medication, maybe 15 minutes or so.. I know a few people who store aspirin, allergy medication, antibiotics in survival kits and keep the kits in their cars. I don't think you can safely do that can you? Does it make a difference if its in liquid, gel or pill form?

Ask the question at the end of lecture and I would be happy to answer it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom