Refurbished Vortex optics now available at A&A Optics.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    My new so called refurbished Viper PST 2.5-10X44 EBR arrived in beautiful Fenwick Island 10 min ago. First thing I looked for was the " refurbished " part and I just can not find it, the box looked a little old but that's it. Guys jump on this if you can you will not regret it. My big problem now is does the sight go on the PTR-91F or the AR-10.... the loser gets a Viper HS LR.
    Thanks Alan.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The blem on mine was a small nick in the finish on the underside of the turret housing that had been touched up with a dot of black paint. Can't even see it when mounted and does not affect functionality.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have pulled about 10, and on 1 of them, the illumination cap was to tight, besides that, I found a dot on one (might have been VUPD's) in the same spot Nick describes. Some of the box's look very bad, but I cant see that affecting anyone's decision.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It was the on one I was going to get, but the illumination cap was screwed on with an impact and red lock tite.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Got mine today. Mine had a dot in the same location as VUPDblue describes. Other than that it look like new, even the box looked new. Here's a pic of the dot, that's all I could fine.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Got mine yesterday, has the same marking. Wonder if it's a way to mark the refurbished optics.

Other than that that it looks brand new. Great deal, thanks again Alan. Hope to get to the range this weekend and sight it in.

:ar15:

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Do you have any recommendations for something in the Viper line to go on an AR10? I'm kind of looking for a do it all scope, but I know that is asking the impossible.

Since it's an AR, I am wanting something I can dial down so it's not over power for work at closer ranges, but still has the ability to dial the magnification up for extended shoots. I'm currently limited to 450 yards, but would like the ability to stretch it out farther.

Also, now that 308 is legal to hunt with on private property, I'd like to be able to take my AR10 with me. So I'd probably be using hold overs in this circumstance.

I have been considering a 2.5-10 of some variety. But I'm worried that the 32mm objective wont let enough light in and the FFP reticle being hard to see at low power. On the flip side, I've read that the glass on the 44mm models isn't as nice.
    I was out of town and missed the Black Friday sale.

IDK, I'm open to suggestions. Would a 4-16 be better, or maybe even the 6.5-20.

I do know that I do not need exposed turrets or illumination and I'm on the fence with FFP or SFP.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Do you have any recommendations for something in the Viper line to go on an AR10? I'm kind of looking for a do it all scope, but I know that is asking the impossible.

Since it's an AR, I am wanting something I can dial down so it's not over power for work at closer ranges, but still has the ability to dial the magnification up for extended shoots. I'm currently limited to 450 yards, but would like the ability to stretch it out farther.

Also, now that 308 is legal to hunt with on private property, I'd like to be able to take my AR10 with me. So I'd probably be using hold overs in this circumstance.

I have been considering a 2.5-10 of some variety. But I'm worried that the 32mm objective wont let enough light in and the FFP reticle being hard to see at low power. On the flip side, I've read that the glass on the 44mm models isn't as nice.
    I was out of town and missed the Black Friday sale.

IDK, I'm open to suggestions. Would a 4-16 be better, or maybe even the 6.5-20.

I do know that I do not need exposed turrets or illumination and I'm on the fence with FFP or SFP.

If you go the refurbish route, it will be exposed turrets, and illumination. They dont refurbish capped turret, non illuminated scopes. It will also be FFP becuase of current availability. I dont expect another shipment of these until late summer.

The only reason to be on the fence between FFP, and SFP is budget. FFP is better at everything. On lower power settings the reticle is small enough its hard to use holdovers, but its no where near to small to pick up. Not being able to use your holdovers is kind of a mute point on a 308. By the time your shooting long enough range to use holdovers, you will typically be on a little higher zoom.

What is the closest range you intend to shoot it? On the zoom range I tend to lean towards the 2.5-10x32 for a "do all" type rifle, but if you wont be shooting south of 50 then the 4-16 will work just fine, and it transmit's more light by a small amount. It also gives you a larger reticle on low zoom. I will say, they 2.5-10x32 will extend your shooting to well beyond legal shooting hours.

The Refurb's did not go on sale for BF/Cyber Monday. They are so cheap that putting them on sale would not convince many more buyers. They are cheap enough that either you want it, or you dont.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I wanted it and I got it! The my first FFP scope, WOW! Looks like new. Friend is getting his 400 yd range setup, so can't wait until I see how my 308 does with this scope.

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    I got mine yesterday and I'm more excited than a kid on Christmas night. Can't wit to take 'em out the range. Thanks Alan!

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    Just wanted to say thanks Alan. I was emailing you about my first optics purchase and you helped me out. The gf def loves it, all we have to do is get out to the range with it.

Also the price was another great thing about it, so thanks again.

Top Bottom