• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    Cleaning out moms house and ran into a bunch of stuff. All of dads (long gone) military stuff from WW2. What to do with all his uniforms, basic training trunk and all sorts of stuff?
    take a look at the photos and see if any military guys or historians recognize it. One of the pics I don't think is WW2 stuff.

Morgan88
    Have a heck of a time getting them right side up.

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'd make a nice shadow box with that stuff n it.
    I've got my dad's korean war medals and the flag from his funeral hanging up in the front room.
    We also copied a pic from his bootcamp yearbook and enlarged it its hanging next to the other stuff

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Cleaning out moms house and ran into a bunch of stuff. All of dads (long gone) military stuff from WW2. What to do with all his uniforms, basic training trunk and all sorts of stuff?
    take a look at the photos and see if any military guys or historians recognize it. One of the pics I don't think is WW2 stuff.

Morgan88
    Have a heck of a time getting them right side up.

Air Transport Command is the Grandfather of today's Air Mobility Command (AMC). 20th Air Force is still around, under AMC. Third pic has pilot's wings with a prop (Army Air Forces or AAF era). 2nd pic has officer's insignia for a service hat. Gold not silver tells me it's AAF. The US insignia in the 3rd pic: no circle is officer, circle is enlisted.

Blue patches in pic#2: that's the Army Air Corps insignia (AKA the Hap Arnold Wing and Star). It was never officially adopted as the USAF emblem and was replaced around 2003 by that abomination that looks like a boomerang.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The 1st pic has a couple of Civil War era minie balls. The one on the left looks like the standard rifle-musket ball and the one on the right looks like it was probably a carbine bullet. Measurements of them and photos of the bottoms would help in exact identification.

The gold round disks in the same photo are collar insignia, presumably for Company E of the 152nd Indiana infantry regiment. The unit was a Civil War era unit, but the insignia look like the WWI style, odd.

I presume you know what the coins are in the same photo, but I will add that coins used to be considered good luck charms and were often used in bracelets or nailed over doorways. That is why they have holes in them.

The set of wings and the US in the 3rd photo are insignia that would have been worn on the shirt collar, WWII era.

The Maltese cross in the same photo is a marksmanship badge, the "pistol" bar would have hung underneath it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    With Veterans Day coming soon, please organize and add a picture/ and frame the items for Dad's Memory. All are special to his dedication. The term I remember most was:
    Freedom isn't free.
    My Grandfather: Mexican Campaign 1917, WW1, France 1918, American Expeditionary Force(US Army)
    My Dad: 1942-1945 South Pacific, PT 143, New Guinea. USN
    My Mom: 1942-1945, PI Recruit/ Camp LeJune, USMC
    My Uncle: MIA, New Guinea, 1943-2003, B25 Pilot, and 4 Crew. USAAC (was Repatrioted in 2003, Interred Arlington Cemetery)
    My Uncle: POW, Bataan, 1942-1945, US Army
    My Brother: Door Gunner, Huey, Pleiku SVN 1966-1968, US Army, 1st Aviation Btl/ 25th Inf
    My Nephew: Combat Medic, IRAQ, 2003-2005, !st Infantry Btl

All served honorably, only my Nephew and Brother still around for Veterans Day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom