• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    If you haven't done so yet, I'd encourage you to look into some basic training that involves drawing from the holster before you start to carry. I realize it can be expensive, but there is a lot of good information and experience to be gained.

I have worked on my draw with my new holster a bit, and last time I went shootings i practiced with my drop leg holster. I have shot, and played with my handgun. I've just been waiting for my LTCH to get here.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    No hunting/shooting stuff... only safe, harmless, "sporting goods" and I.M.O. too many young people who've likely never set foot in a campground, I'll stick with Gander.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    There is a lot of info on the web regarding REI's stand on people using the out of doors beyond the scope of the products they sell. Due to the causes they support and positions they take, they won't see a dime of my money.

Truckie174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Pendleton
    Stopped in yesterday afternoon. As I was driving past the front of the store, in search of a parking spot, I noticed a gentleman making his way into REI, OC what appeared to be a 1911. Once I got into the store, I didn't hear or see anyone make a fuss about it.

The store is very nice. Prices are what you would expect from a store in castleton. Think, galyons, but with nicer shelving.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Good for hiking and some camping supplies. No shooting or hunting gear. Nice place though. Staff was very friendly and their selection of hiking equipment and packs was impressive.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    No hunting/shooting stuff... only safe, harmless, "sporting goods" and I.M.O. too many young people who've likely never set foot in a campground, I'll stick with Gander.

Gander Mountain?...what irony. A place with mountain in their title and they don't even carry one single carabiner that is rated for climbing. But, if you want to hang your keys from your belt loop, they have those.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Stopped in yesterday afternoon. As I was driving past the front of the store, in search of a parking spot, I noticed a gentleman making his way into REI, OC what appeared to be a 1911. Once I got into the store, I didn't hear or see anyone make a fuss about it.

The store is very nice. Prices are what you would expect from a store in castleton. Think, galyons, but with nicer shelving.

I went in on Friday night, with my 1911 on my hip. I had a polo shirt pulled over it. No one noticed or said anything to me.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    If REI carried shooting gear, it would all be Ed Brown & Les Baer 1911's, Noveske or LWRC AR15s, Kreghoff Shotguns, and Weatherby Shotguns and Rifles.

You wouldn't find a firearm in the place for less than a grand.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Old Linens N Things store, if that means anything. I was in there on Sunday and thought it was a pretty nice store. A bit smaller than I remembered their store from when I lived in Georgia, but nice.

Their stuff can be pricey, but they do stand behind it with a good warranty.

http://www.rei.com/help/guarantee

They're a co-op, so if you're a member, they pay an annual dividend based upon how much you purchase... 10% on most non-sale items.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom