• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Sult

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2022
    Indiana
    I came across this reloader I purchased years ago in my storage shed. Brand new, never been used. Kind of going back and forth on using it or just selling it. If I decide to use it, how hard has it been recently to find powder and primers? If I decide to sell, roughly how much would it be worth?

TIA

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
      imagejpeg_0.jpg
      169.8 KB · Views: 49

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I came across this reloader I purchased years ago in my storage shed. Brand new, never been used. Kind of going back and forth on using it or just selling it. If I decide to use it, how hard has it been recently to find powder and primers? If I decide to sell, roughly how much would it be worth?

TIA
    No idea what the price would be today, but if you bought it years ago, the price today would likely push 3x what you paid.
    I would hold onto it, and lay in a few ( metric tons) of components, powders, and primers.
    Ammunition is not getting any cheaper for the foreseeable future.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County

TIA
    Retail would be $621.50 plus tax if I ordered one from the distributor.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You can find them for under $590.00. I'd put a price of around $500 on it. With the price of components these days, I'd guess that there might be fewer interested buyers, but I might be wrong.

Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    I have been reloading for over 40 years. I shoot a lot of lead in my revolvers just plinking round. Ammo prices vs components I say reloading is a safe bet on price. You can find primers, powder and bullets fairly easy. Good luck with your decision

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have been reloading for over 40 years. I shoot a lot of lead in my revolvers just plinking round. Ammo prices vs components I say reloading is a safe bet on price. You can find primers, powder and bullets fairly easy. Good luck with your decision
    Cast my own and shoot a lot of them. Even my rifles except for my .270 and AR's. Wish I had more time to cast.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Tin helps fill the mold out and makes it more malleable, antimony is what makes a bullet hard.
    The correct size and lube gennerly are more important.
    This. I don't test my hardness. I use wheel weights as a baseline and use softer for BP, wheel weights for revolvers and add linotype for rifle. Lube liberally, size accordingly.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This. I don't test my hardness. I use wheel weights as a baseline and use softer for BP, wheel weights for revolvers and add linotype for rifle. Lube liberally, size accordingly.
    I push some 420 to 530 grain bullets hard with smokeless and BP, I mix 30 lbs of pure lead to 1 pound of tin and push down 30 and 34" barrels with no leading at all. Correct size and correct lube that leaves a star of lube on the muzzle is how the game is played.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    All reloading should start with BP cartridges and casting high quality bullets.
    Later when they start loading smokeless, they will realize how easy loading quality smokeless cartridges really are. lol
    Black is a hard learning curve.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    All reloading should start with BP cartridges and casting high quality bullets.
    Later when they start loading smokeless, they will realize how easy loading quality smokeless cartridges really are. lol
    Black is a hard learning curve.
    Still trying to fine tune my Sharps. It does great to 300 but then I fall apart.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom