• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Please don't take this the wrong way, I would strongly suggest that you take a basic reloading class. It would be time and money well spent..

Yes, i agree. We can always learn more, especially since i'm new. Before I made any rounds and shot them I received a lot of information from others and guys up at Atterbury. Read my books, read more online, watched videos. Had my brass inspected, measured and weighed before I felt comfortable shooting them. Loaded about 1,000 with the Lee Turret since then. I've only stayed with 9mm though. Waiting to get more experience and knowledge before I move to a Dillon and other calibers. I will definitely get some formal training when something comes open.

I should have never brought up the aluminum question since I knew the answer. Initially I was wondering what to do with all the primed aluminum, but I'm good now. Again, I take no offense what anyone has said. We're all here to help each other.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Been reloading HG and rifle, BN & SW cases for 30++ years now. Invest in a bullet puller as there are two kinds of reloaders those that have used a bullet puller and those that will. I have a Hornady Com-Lock Collet bullet puller I bought ( I strongly feel its the best of its type on the market) as a precaution thinking if I bought it I would NEVER need it, you guessed it I was wrong. But man was I glad I had it. Worked perfectly pulling the bullets on a bunch of 338WM's reloads I was suspected I screwed up on. The Hornady Cam-Lock collet bullet puller set up fast and pulled the bullets equally fast with zero damage to the bullets themselves. Have used it to pull bullets from both rifle and handgun rounds. It's extremely fast and easy to set up and works superbly. You need a size specific collet for each caliber which makes it more expensive than a kinetic puller but IMHO well worth the $$$.

AS others have said, pull the bullets and reuse the powder and bullet and try to safely dispose of the primed brass.

Top Bottom