• ...and so much more!
  • troy_mp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Folks,

I know of a young man who has experience reloading. He's recently moved to the Indy area and works as a day laborer for a good friend of mine.

The young man wonders if there are any opportunities in the area where he could learn more about reloading while possibly getting paid to do so. A kind of apprencticeship if you will.

I don't think he has an expectation of making much in the way of an income from such an apprenticeship. More of a stipend type wage with the real benefit coming from learning more about the craft.

In addition to my making this initial posting on his behalf I've encouraged him to establish membership on this site.

Thanks in advance for any considered input.

With appreciation,

Troy

Reloader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Hi troy_mp

Good to hear this young man has a passion for reloading and wants to learn more. If he is looking to make a side income I would recommend that he look into becoming an NRA Reloading Instructor. I have my NRA Instructors certificate and teach classes on the side for Metallic (pistol & rifle) and Shot Shell reloading. The NRA has a great program and I have taught the so called ol timers who have loaded for 30 years and even they walk away having learned something. I would be more then happy to get him pointed to the right individuals if would like. Send me a PM if you would like more info.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It is great that a young person wants to learn more about reloading!
    One word of caution though, if this person wants to be paid, then odds are the person paying them needs to be selling ammo in order to justify his sallery, no matter how small. If that is teh case that person needs to be a licensed mfg. of ammo in order not to have any issues with teh ATF and must carry liability insurance. With that said, I on't think to many people will pay this young lad and teach them out of the goodness of their hart unless they are making $ in thr process. Just some food for thought, and in no way meant to discourage anyone. Just trying to make sure no one gets in trouble.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom